Got Out On The New Girl!

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got my bike taken care of in regards to safety, some minor shop work (new front tire, front pads, and plate lights), and insurance (which tripled due to policy changes - thanks, Onterrible. :thumbdown: )

Took it out for a spin around some country roads north of my house, and it's been a lot of fun! My mom gave me a ride to grab it, and followed me part way, commenting later about how she could see a bit of blue smoke coming from the exhaust for the first few KM of our journey, but I'd toss that up to Sea Foam running its course on top of the bike still warming up, since the exhaust doesn't have any abnormal smokiness, colours, smells, nadda even under hard acceleration while I watch it. A dedicated spin, and some revving around the garage doesn't show me anything to worry about.

It's very, very smooth and super responsive. I'll have to tweak all the controls a little bit more to my liking, but as it stands they're fluid and functional. Going to take some getting used to the different gear/sprocket ratios, and penchant for the tach/revs on the bike to move very quickly compared to my old Fizzer, so my shifting up/down isn't quite up to par. When I rode an 02 GSXR600, it had the same super twitchy fast dropping revs, but I think that's the sign of a more sporty tuned engine. Acceleration, as much as I was willing to push it with cold and new tires, is solid and the throttle response as a whole is smooth - although there's a teensy amount of jerk when you're rough on it, which you'd expect from fuel injection. I can smack it through gears like it's nothing, and the ratios are setup very nicely for street usage so that I could sit in 2nd or 3rd gear and sit just above the speed limit at 5000RPMs. It's got a Hindle pipe which sounds beautiful, although I might re-install the O2 sensor that is missing in action. Definitely going to need some tank grips to help with the ergos.

Either way, it's damn nice!

JtMkcMnh.jpg

Most recent picture of it, just prior to being taken to the shop.

Last edited:

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, guys! It's been a good day of riding, although as I learned it seems something is up with my brakes. When I pull the lever it's fine, until I'm at low speed where it starts to bounce the bike. Google has told me that the rotors are either warped (doesn't look like it) or worn unevenly and in need of fixing. Aside from that though, all's well... Just another little fix for the long list!

Super, super smooth bike. I really feel like I'm one with it.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey man.. good to see you got your bike sorted. The last we comm'd you were selling off parts off the old FZ6. the new to you Honda looks like a beut. wish you lots of good riding with it

btw, did Canada post ever refund you for the fuel pump? I hope so

Tom

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey man.. good to see you got your bike sorted. The last we comm'd you were selling off parts off the old FZ6. the new to you Honda looks like a beut. wish you lots of good riding with it

btw, did Canada post ever refund you for the fuel pump? I hope so

Tom

They did, thankfully. Still not sure how they broke such a hardy piece, but c'est la vie.

I'm going to get some photos, and maybe a video or two of it soon. I've taken it out on the highway now and found that it's got a ton of pick up and go for that, which is lovely!