Another Job?!?

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I just went in and got hired for a winter job at American Eagle in our local mall, Should be pretty nice, 40% off on non sale items and 25% on clearance items and I make $8.00 working at my favorite store... Should be fun :thumbup:

Plus now I can save more money for my bike :eek::D

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats man! I worked retail at a mall a few years during college, its easy work and pay is decent, only thing is holiday hours can get pretty crazy, not to mentions the customers! Clothing retail might be a little less crazy, I worked electronics at Sears and the day after Thanksgiving was insane. Customers would literally fight in the store over $30 DVD players.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
How many people have 2 jobs? I'm thinking of working on weekends as a scuba instructor...not for the money, but for the fun I used to have doing it up at UCSB...I'm not sure if it would kill my free time though and I'd end up quitting since I already have a full-time job.

KensFz6

Wreck in progress
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gratz man.

I used to like to pick up second jobs to switch things up from my primary job (which is part time anyhow).

One summer, I worked 4 part time jobs totaling 76 hours in a week.:rockon:

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
Dang man, idk If I could handle 76 hours a week and go to school thats a little much for me...

I just need the extra money for 1) the bike 2) I'm paying for part of my school :thumbdown:

Plus I love American Eagle so it should be a good time... And your right getting away from the normal job a bit will be nice... As for the whole crazy factor, I may be working as a stocker which comes in after hours and sets everything for the next day :thumbup: But who knows they said they were going to end up moving a lot of people around...

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
I worked at Hollister before I moved to cali. Its super easy work. Lots and Lots of girls. The discount is nice b/c i love the clothes.

I work at the Tinder Box now, a local Higher end cigar and wine shop. Its as a hobby b/c i love cigars, only 15 hours a week, but im looking for another part time job or maybe a full time job at like walmart or target or something

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How many people have 2 jobs? I'm thinking of working on weekends as a scuba instructor...not for the money, but for the fun I used to have doing it up at UCSB...I'm not sure if it would kill my free time though and I'd end up quitting since I already have a full-time job.

I do.....I work for Liz Claiborne accessories & Hasbro Toys.....one year I actually had 5 merchandising positions at the same time.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I just went in and got hired for a winter job at American Eagle in our local mall, Should be pretty nice, 40% off on non sale items and 25% on clearance items and I make $8.00 working at my favorite store... Should be fun :thumbup:

Plus now I can save more money for my bike :eek::D

I worked in retail at my favorite store while going to college. I worked a lot of hours too and could not figure out where my check went. Then I opened up my closet...

KensFz6

Wreck in progress
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you get overtime????

Actually yes.

One job was security working 12 hour shifts, the other was my overnight job which saturday night/sunday morning is overtime pay (in addition to the usual overnight bonus)

I made some good bank on that but it took a toll on me and my car so now I look back and wonder if it was really worth it...

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Just be careful not to buy too much stuff.

I had a good friend who got a job at LLBean once. He spent more than he made there. He worked the night shift at their 24-hour store in Maine. Too much free time to mess around with clothes, tents, and camping/fishing stuff. On the plus side, he got an awesome discount!

I've been picking up a stupid amount of overtime lately (about double what is considered 'full time' at work - most days are 5am until 8-9pm). The extra pay is total crap, but it's helping keep the 'bike fund' topped up and paying for my wife to finish grad school.

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been picking up a stupid amount of overtime lately (about double what is considered 'full time' at work - most days are 5am until 8-9pm). The extra pay is total crap, but it's helping keep the 'bike fund' topped up and paying for my wife to finish grad school.

This should help your funding towards all that gas for your iron butt adventures:thumbup:

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
I worked in retail at my favorite store while going to college. I worked a lot of hours too and could not figure out where my check went. Then I opened up my closet...

Yeah I Know, But I am not a big spender on clothing anyways... I only buy what I need... which doesn't mean that might not change... but at least until I get the bike and build it back to legal condition all my extra funds are headed towards that, and I remind myself of that everyday when I pass all the fast food restaurants lol

"mmm double cheeseburger sounds good NO! :spank:"