Ahh My bike is getting rained on

Luiz

Reaction score
Visit site
I just took it out of its garage when I came home. Locked it up on my side porch but it does not have a roof over. I plan on getting a cover this week. Is it really bad that it's getting rained on for one day. Should I attempt to go and cover it with a towel or something?
I am more worried about my bike than anything I own. I am paranoid about leaving it in parking lots and I feel so helpless right now as its getting rained on.

Help please

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
At risk of really upsetting the purists, no, a day of rain really won't hurt it, assuming that the electricals are still fairly stock and aren't open to the weather. Best to avoid the situation as much as you can, of course.

Cover the seat, and try to prevent water getting into the exhaust, but other than that, it can take it. Bike have been left outside for years.

Just make sure the cover you get is a "breathable" type, so that moisture doesn't get trapped under the cover.

Last edited:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride in the rain all the time and the only downer I've had on any of my bikes with them getting wet is it's usually after I've cleaned them and I have to clean them again.

There are a couple places where water will gather (inside the upside frame slider when on the stand, the ring around the ignition etc....you'll see them) Dry them out afterwards and I actually use innox on all the bolt heads etc as well to keep them happy.

I do know the feeling though...lol.:thumbup:
Cheers
Mike

Luiz

Reaction score
Visit site
Bring it in the house? I've done it before. Kind of unusual but I have.

Ha I was contenplating that for about 20 minutes. But its midnight and a sleeping mom and motorcycle inside will not mix well.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Just wash it and lube the chain after rain and it'll be fine.
I have a nice Nelson-Rigg cover that I got for $65, keeps my bike nice and dry.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine has been sitting out in the rain since I bought it. No problem.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Like Ozzie I ride in the rain all the time,the only thing that happens with mine is if too much water gets around the ignition switch my neutral light will glow in gear,same thing happened to Wolfman too .

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Like Ozzie I ride in the rain all the time,the only thing that happens with mine is if too much water gets around the ignition switch my neutral light will glow in gear,same thing happened to Wolfman too .

Yep.....sure did, and does!

My tip as someone who rides in the rain all the time, and likes to keep their bike very clean, is to wash it as soon as possible after riding in the rain.....road grime, grease, mud, etc, dont like moving so much, once they have had time to settle in, especially in all the nooks and cranny's.

:thumbup:

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
some peoples bikes are made of sugar and spice and will melt in the rain...

everytime I hear my scorps yell it reminds me that the fz wants to go rain or shine.

it even has even been begging me to ride during the winter snow storms... lmao crazy bike never wants to stop...

but I have a 2004 that has seen lot's of rain, both riding and sitting. I always use a cover if it sits for an extended time.

just lube things more often if your bike gets exposed to rain.