ACH ride

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in. I will come across from La Canada on ACH to check out the road. If anyone wants to meet at the Shell station at the 2 and 210 around 8:30 let me know.

Last edited:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in! I can hardly wait. Thanks for specifying sight seeing pace. I like to be able to enjoy the scenery in that neck of the woods. :D

I'll meet you at the 15 & 138 at 10am.

Last edited:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
As usual, this thread makes me sick.

I just came from Tecate, MX (car) and, wow, that is one nice highway to possibly navigate on two!

Anyway, seeing that summer is here, I hope to meet up again for something.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
As usual, this thread makes me sick.

I just came from Tecate, MX (car) and, wow, that is one nice highway to possibly navigate on two!

Anyway, seeing that summer is here, I hope to meet up again for something.

Come on down to Crestline, you can sleep on the couch. MUST LOVE DOGSBlah
Bring doughnuts:D

Jerry

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:( Very sorry I can't make this one but you all have a great ride! I really enjoyed the last time I did the ACH ride. :)

subaron

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I am new to LA....just got in earlier in the week.

What exactly is the address for this meet up? I will see if I can make it.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I'm in. I will come across from La Canada on ACH to check out the road. If anyone wants to meet at the Shell station at the 2 and 210 around 8:30 let me know.

You have two choices, you can meet up with Cali rider at the above location and ride ACH from the La Canada-Flintridge side or meet up with Jennifer and myself at the 15 and 138 at the Circle K-Del Taco.
Meet up with Cali rider at 8:30 or with us at 10:00, your choice.
Look forward to meeting you and welcome to the forum:thumbup:

Jerry

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Had a great day riding lots of twisties with John, Pam and Jen. I only managed 240 miles and I bet Jen will do twice that, little Miss Iron Butt:thumbup:

Only took a few pictures, take a look at the yellow scooter. He built it in his garage and when parked it was low and when he fired it up it rose up to ride height. very cool and sounded great too.

Jerry

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Home safely. My total was 472 miles. Great ride! I'll edit this post to add some pics, but I really want a beer and a shower first. :)

Edit: I went with a hot soak in bubble bath instead. Then needed some food. And another beer.

Bren - Yup! That's DOMO! I grabbed my camera (phone) and handed Domo to the guy - turned out Mr. Banana Rider is Japanese and was absolutely delighted to have this popular Japanese character show up at the 49er Bar and Grille!

You can skip the rest of this and just look at the pictures if you want. But I need to rant just a bit...

As for the ride today, well, it didn't start off well for me. About 40 min into my 2:30 hr trip north, I apparently exceeded the speed limit. Now, I know the reputation gixxers have, and we saw a classic tshirt-shorts-liter-blue&white-example later in the day. I try to balance out the squidly sport rider reputation by being a good rider. North of Escondido the freeway opens up, and at 8am I found the space between the packs of SUVs to ride where people could see me. Perhaps the problem occurred when I got around the Jeep Cherokee whose driver seemed a little distracted when I got up to... I'll just say above the speed limit. I was traveling with traffic, not the fastest, but probably within the top 5 fastest on that stretch.

Came over the crest of the hill and checked my speed so I didn't get going too fast on the downslope. I've seen people pulled over there and... then I saw the CHP truck. And then I saw him pull onto the freeway, then he got behind me and turned his lights on. Really? What was going on? I pulled over stopped my bike, removed my helmet and stepped up to the shoulder trying to figure out why he pulled me over. Apparently there was an airplane that had me on radar exceeding the speed limit by 20 mph and this guy was just writing the ticket I had earned unknowingly a mile back. Me? Really? I was going with traffic. Should I go 20 mph slower than traffic?

I was in shock. Signed for the ticket, got back on the freeway...and saw the Prius that had passed me was pulled over too. Then 3 more people. That was 5 of us in 5 minutes. I wonder how many people they pulled over today with Wonder Woman's invisible airplane. The thing that bothers me most is that I didn't really feel like I was doing anything wrong. I didn't take any pictures with Domo to document this part of the day - perhaps he has a record and wanted to stay in hiding? But getting a ticket on my way to the meet up weighed on me for the rest of the day. Maybe it will keep me slow and will be the reason I stay safe this summer. Who knows.

Time for a few pics:

Last edited:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jen, 472 miles? I'm totally impressed!! :rockon:
That means you can make it to our house in a one day ride. :thumbup:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jen, 472 miles? I'm totally impressed!! :rockon:
That means you can make it to our house in a one day ride. :thumbup:

Honestly, I impressed myself a bit. Especially since I did 305 last Wed and 300-something last Saturday. Over 1,000 miles in my first week of summer vacation!

I'm still not going to try to get to you in one day ride when I know I have 3 more fun filled days of riding to follow!!! I wore my most comfy riding clothes today and I'm certain it helped prevent some of the fatigue I usually feel around 300 miles. So...maybe if I'm doing a solo weekend?...

But the answer to the question many are asking, including Final Impact...yes, my bottom is just a little sore now. Hopefully I will be fine by tomorrow, I'm driving to LA to see Placido Domingo and my first Opera!

Edit: 12 hours today
2nd Edit: Pics and story added above

Last edited: