Stalling at stop lights.

Topher

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok guys I'm having an issue with the bike and I was wondering if anyone had anything similar happen to them. I took the bike out Saturday and got a ways out from my house and pulled up to a stop light and it stalled out. I had no running issues till then seemed fine till the light. So I tried to restart and it didn't want to catch so I gave it some throttle and it came back to life and started going again drove for another mile pulled the clutch in to slow and the bike cut out again, As long as the throttle is on it keeps running. I took it to a shop and they said they couldn't duplicate the problem although they only road it five miles or so. So I picked it up today and reset the odometer before I left the dealer 15 miles into the ride home at a light it stalled again. so pulled over for a few minutes and it seemed to start up and run just fine made it home another 10 miles or so with no stall. So the only thing I can think of was bad gas and or water in the fuel because we had really cold weather for about a week 20 degrees here in florida that's dam cold and it sat for about 2 weeks out in the weather with a half full tank. I filled it up when I was out Saturday before I dropped it off at the shop hoping that would fix the problem. Thanks for the help guys.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Or an intermittent kill switch?

If there is water it would be at the bottom of the fuel tank and should be the first fluid picked up. If you do suspect water you might try some fuel treatment to help get rid of any water. Here's a link. What is the Best Ethanol Fuel Treatment?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
"K100" IME, is the best thing you can use to stabilize and help get rid of water.

Second video: Demonstration | Fuel Additive | K-100

Been using it for about 11 years, especially in the boat where the fuel tank is large but usage is LOW. I have a transom water filter and have NEVER removed water from it (hull/tank is from 1997 and original).

Any water gets mixed with the fuel (and K100) and eventually burns off.

You can get it on-line, motorcycle shops and marina's in a small container.

I buy it by the quart CASE as it works so well...

I learned about it at my local MC shop and it does exactly as advertised...

Yamaha's "RingFree" is also an excellent (and somewhat expensive) additive that cleans the top end of your engine as well as the fuel system.
I run that is EVERY gas powered (cage included) machine I own (as well as customers small engines I repair)..