Wednesday July 10th Big Bear

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Going to do the loop from hwy 38 up to Big Bear and across to hwy 18 on the north shore and across to Crestline, then the option is to drop down 18 to the 210 fwy and then home or go over on 138 to Silverwood lake and then to the 15 fwy and home, riders choice.
Meeting place will be the Corner Bakery in Redlands,

Location Results

Meet up at 10:00 and have coffee or ??

So far we have:
Verharen
Cali rider
Jblk9695

Hydrate as it will be hot, even in the mountains.

Jerry

Last edited:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jen, do you work?

:rof:
I work REALLY hard 32 weeks a year as an adjunct college professor. Twice a year I spend 16 weeks trying to talk some sense into college freshmen. I used to have a full time day job, taught night classes, and worked as a consultant for the USMC (HooRah) all at the same time. But for the first time in 20 years, I am only teaching.

I left my summer schedule open to just have fun and now I don't know what to do with myself! Can you believe Jerry is the Hoon keeping me out of trouble? :eek:

Or maybe he's just showing me the way...:rolleyes:

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
I just rode the 18 this morning going into big bear. Now mind you, I had no reason being on a bike at 7 am after riding through the desert all night. ( came from Yosemite) but that ride was deliriously technical. Or technicaly I was delirious. I need a re-do. It's just not going to happen on wensday. Or any time soon. my bikes out of commision. But, Warning folks... There are 15 mph turns not marked on that rd. Daniel had another misshap. All is good, not a scratch. You all have the fun...:BLAA:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just rode the 18 this morning going into big bear. Now mind you, I had no reason being on a bike at 7 am after riding through the desert all night. ( came from Yosemite) but that ride was deliriously technical. Or technicaly I was delirious. I need a re-do. It's just not going to happen on wensday. Or any time soon. my bikes out of commision. But, Warning folks... There are 15 mph turns not marked on that rd. Daniel had another misshap. All is good, not a scratch. You all have the fun...:BLAA:

Looking forward to your trip log! I hope you took pictures.

I see a rum and coke in your future...

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You want technical, try the Sonora Pass, Ca Hwy 108. Most technical rd. I've ridden. Narrow road, plenty of dips, no warning signs of type of curve ahead or recommended speed, no or very little guardrails, and 25% upgrade/downgrade.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
You want technical, try the Sonora Pass, Ca Hwy 108. Most technical rd. I've ridden. Narrow road, plenty of dips, no warning signs of type of curve ahead or recommended speed, no or very little guardrails, and 25% upgrade/downgrade.

+1 on that, but what a fun road and the views are spectacular :thumbup::thumbup:

Jerry

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I should be able to make this, but will have to cut it a bit short at the end to get back to my area for late afternoon commitments. I'll confirm Tuesday at the latest.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking forward to another trek north tomorrow! :cheer:

I went for a short local ride on Sunday when it was pretty hot. I think I've finally got the right gear/set up so that I'm no longer as likely to overheat. Yay.

...Drinking lots today. Water, just water.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay. I'm going to shoot for 8am so that I am not late and might have a quick bite of something to hold me until lunch. :thumbup: