4 piston caliper for fz6t fazer s1?

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
hi everyone. I love my fz6 fazer and want to upgrade brakes even further (I changed brake lines to braided racing type HEL ones).
info: I'm using oem brake pads which has 1/2 thickness and assembled to bike from factory at 2005 :D

Now I found a picture from internet (at attachments).

Is this an healty mod? I don't want to change my whole suspension.
Or galfer premium / brembo SA / ebc HH brake pads will make the braking stronger?

Also I'm thinking to change factory springs to 0.85 kg/m from racetech with this mod.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I would recommend just buying a set of used R6 forks and calipers to swap in. The stock forks are good general performers, but they lack adjust-ability even after you swap fork oil and springs. If you go the route of R6 forks, then the calipers don't require and special mounting hardware (which seems a little safer to me). The only thing you'll need is a spacer kit to mount the fender properly, but there is a member on this forum who sells this kit. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've never seen that adapter. I imagine that is to adapt the S2 caliper to S1 fork for mounting. As long as the part is structurally well made and accurately machine is could be a nice modification.
One very important concept to keep in mind are the angles of force that may change on the the caliper and fork mounting tube ears. When you use the adapter where and how those forces applied changes so it becomes a question of safety during hard braking. Maybe get the entire S2 front end, including fender and re-spring that unit? :)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed with both of the above.

- From the OP's picture, although the bulk of the load is spread over the two mountings points. One point is designed to secure the fender, the other an actual brake caliper.
- I'd guess you could get away with it - I mean its just the main brake on vehicle that has one main brake! :spank::spank:
- All kidding aside, it wouldn't be my first choice.

Can I interest you in some "like new" 4,000 mile S2 forks from an 08? :ban:

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
hi everyone. I love my fz6 fazer and want to upgrade brakes even further (I changed brake lines to braided racing type HEL ones).
info: I'm using oem brake pads which has 1/2 thickness and assembled to bike from factory at 2005 :D

Now I found a picture from internet (at attachments).

Is this an healty mod? I don't want to change my whole suspension.
Or galfer premium / brembo SA / ebc HH brake pads will make the braking stronger?

Also I'm thinking to change factory springs to 0.85 kg/m from racetech with this mod.
If U changed to HEL lines U will have to get new ones too. Different angles at S1 and S2 calipers. Go for the best brake pads and fluid. I have HEL with gold EBC brake pads, new fluid and 10W fork oil and it all do make a difference.