Brake mod a little different.

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
It's mostly a theory but I wanted to ask.
I upgraded brakes by HEL lines and gold EBC brake pads. Also put 10W for oil. I have S1 so the calipers cannot be changed without fork change.
I could look for S2 forks and calipers (plug and play comparing to R6 mod) as R6 calipers and S2 calipers are the same.
Instead I was wondering about a radial master cylinder. Taken from for example Kawasaki Z1000 or a new Brembo one.
The question is would it make a difference?
I guess new lines would be necessary as the mounting point at the cylinder is at different angle. But I remember seeing somewhere an adapter kit to reuse original lines and mounting angles.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think a radial master cylinder would make that much difference.

The weak link in your system right now are the 2 piston calipers, they will still be the weakest link if you upgrade the master cylinder.

On my bike i have HEL brakelines, CR XBK5 brake pads and quality brake fluid, and i can lift the rear wheel on hard braking with two fingers. I usually brake with only the middle finger and rarely need to add the index finger to the mix.

If you really want to upgrade something, get some S2 forks and calipers, while you are at it add some springs and emulators, you won't regret it.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
The S2 forks aren't adjustable. The real reason people do the R6 fork and caliper swap isn't so much for increasing braking (but that is a nice side effect), it's for the adjustability of the forks. You can set them up just right for your riding style, and weight and the bike is much more planted in the front. Make sure that if you upgrade forks, you're not just getting the same thing again (which you are if you do an S2 swap instead of an R6 swap).