2010 FZ6 Production discontinued ?

JoeDalton

Reaction score
Visit site
Any opinion why Yamaha decided to quit this Model but keep going the FZ6R Production ?

Is this decision will decrease the price value of the existing model ?

FZ8 only in Europe ?? No American-Canadian production ??

Thnaks

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
I spoke with them and they said that they hadn't officially discontinued the FZ6, they halted production of it since there were so many '09 models still sitting on showroom floors. (Still a blanket statement)

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well... as for the discontinue of the model.. my thought is that every year there is a price increase.. 250 here .. 500 there.. after a while a $6300 bike becomes $7800 for "basically" the same model with a few slight changes.. becomes a price point thing in my opinion.. so then they cease production of that model, introduce a new one at a lower price point, and it starts all over again..

i dont think it will decrease the value of the bike.. but thats open for discussion..

fz8 will "hopefully" be available in the us at some point.. maybe a year or 2 or 3 in europe only and they will bring it to the us.. think of that dirt track harley that was a europe only model. enough buzz was generated and im sure harley got enough email, phone, and other inquaries and decided to sell it in the states.. just a thought...