2008 FZ6 stuff for sale

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Hopefully these prices are quite reasonable; please feel free to let me know if I'm out of line.

I'm trading my bike so I put it to mostly stock last night; I'm pretty anal about things so these items are in good shape; nothing fell or crashed so they should look good mounted on your bike (at least as well as they looked on mine). I can post photos later (feel free to PM or post to ask questions).

All is sold -- thanks everyone. No more FZ6 left.

Rear wheel complete with rotor and sprocket (from my 2008 FZ6) ready to mount (except tire). This wheel is in good shape (I was going to use this wheel for the track so it's in great shape with no bends, issues of any sort; the wheel is clean). Soon, I'll post pics of wheel with no tire.

Rear wheel $240 plus shipping (pictured below except tire has been removed).

4514327443_ea3a14b690.jpg

4514327349_9e146f1257.jpg

All sold:
Rear wheel (SOLD)
Hyper Pro fork springs (these have maybe 1000 miles on them) $100 plus shipping (SOLD)
The Hyper Pro springs are progressive and really firm up the front for much improved handling over stock (they improve even everyday casual riding). If you just install springs, it's easy -- move handlebars out of the way, jack up the front, loosen the fork caps, let the bike down and pull out spacer, washer, and OEM spring; then insert Hyper Pro springs, washer, spacer, jack the bike up, tighten fork caps, test, done. Jacking up the bike, lets the springs go down into the tube (to facilitate removal of fork caps); letting the bike down lets the springs come through the top of the fork (to facilitate easy removal of springs). If you want, you can also change to 15wt fork oil for improved compression and rebound.
Rearset setback plates plus required hardware (extra new shift rod if you want) $70 plus shipping SOLD
Yamaha OEM underbelly pan with mounting bracket (Yamaha's dark blue color) $180 + shipping SOLD
Top Saddlery seat (no gel) $250 + shipping (SOLD)
Scorpion slipon mufflers (only used 6 months) $300 + shipping (SOLD)
FZ1 handlebar (pre-drilled for easy installation) $25 plus shipping (SOLD)
The Yamaha underbelly pan came with the bike and is in good shape. There is some normal wear due to being near the front tire; still looks very good.
The Top Saddlery seat is in good shape (not sure how that kind of seat would really wear). Note that this seat cannot be shipped until I get my replacement OEM seat in the mail (maybe 1 week).
The Scorpions have maybe a few small scratches where the mufflers meet the mounting area under the seat. These scratches are completely hidden (and probably occurred during installation).
The FZ1 bar allows a lower and more aggressive riding position.

Setback plate on clutch side:
4253659585_f5ed10efb7.jpg

Scorpions mounted:
3843084035_43084e2bf3.jpg

Underbelly pan mounted:
4415789588_526169a86e.jpg

Dennis

Last edited:

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Either one of these (trying to make up my mind on color and if I'm pulling the trigger today) or not. Red matches my red race suit, blue is my favorite color, black just looks sick.

09MS_YZFR6_blk_S3_930f547a.jpg

09MS_YZFR6_blu_S4_5c706549.jpg

09MS_YZFR6_wht_S3_c657791b.jpg

Dennis

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Woohoo! Nice bike! Yamaha makes a sweet looking machine. :rockon:
Get us some picture when you get it home!

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Please bear with me. I'm trying to get through all the emails. I've been tied up for last few hours.

I'm trying to be very fair and get the emails in order they were received. Basically, I get the first mail that meets the asking price and ask "do we have a deal?" and you reply yes and it is then marked sold.

Thanks,

Dennis

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a bit too late oh well. good luck with the rest of the sale and have fun with the new rocket. and by the way you gotta go with black it looks bada$$ :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
*sniff* *sniff* Tis a sad day for the old girl. Sorry to see her go Dennis.

But congrats on the new ride!!!! :D

BTW, I have the stock silver (not repainted) exhaust cover if you want to throw that one on the bike to get a little closer to bone-stock. Let me know...

How's your bad back going to handle that R6?

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
*sniff* *sniff* Tis a sad day for the old girl. Sorry to see her go Dennis.

But congrats on the new ride!!!! :D

BTW, I have the stock silver (not repainted) exhaust cover if you want to throw that one on the bike to get a little closer to bone-stock. Let me know...

How's your bad back going to handle that R6?

Thanks. The black exhaust cover looked good back on the bike. As soon as I turned the key and started it up, memories came back of when I first got it. That OEM sound is very distinctive.

The bike is now gone so no need for the shroud -- thanks. I was going to ask you for the original bolts for the frame sliders but I figured I'd let them have that. I took out the battery tender just because -- I figured a spare is good and I wanted them to get almost stock.

I told the guy that I forgot to put the center stand (brackets, bolts, springs) back on and he said it may not matter. Maybe in a few weeks, if they don't ask, I'll sell it here. They let me keep the TS seat and I'll give them the OEM one I ordered on ebay for $47 -- so they got a bike with no seat. They did mention they wanted the OEM seat soon.

It's kinda sad as I've had a ton of fun on that bike; it would be so cool if someone else here bought it (or whoever gets it shows up here).

Dennis

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a few things boxed and ready to send. Once I get shipping info, I will PM folks to get payment information.

I'm pretty sure that we're all fair here because of rider's Karma -- if you cheat another rider, you will crash and lose a multiple of what you've gained. Please be assured what I send to you is as described; if it is not, please let me know.

I hope to ship Saturday morning at latest -- depending on my work schedule and the lines at the post office.

Thanks for the responses -- I found out you're only allowed so many PMs before you get a warning :D.

Dennis

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
Dennis, I wish I had seen this yesterday. I'd have ridden to NH, swapped seats and cash. Saw someone looking for a TS seat the other day and thought "good luck", guess the last laugh's on me. Enjoy the new ride.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Dennis, I wish I had seen this yesterday. I'd have ridden to NH, swapped seats and cash. Saw someone looking for a TS seat the other day and thought "good luck", guess the last laugh's on me. Enjoy the new ride.

That would've been awesome. Anyway, I have to wait until the OEM one comes in from an ebayer -- it said delivery between apr 2 and apr 9 -- ebayers always slow to ship and charge too much.

Went by the dealer today and the manager said (with straight face) -- "where's my seat?"

Dennis

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
where did you trade it in? you can give them my oem seat and i can "Borrow the TS seat until the OEM comes in and then swap again... if they are really pressing you for an OEM seat...

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
where did you trade it in? you can give them my oem seat and i can "Borrow the TS seat until the OEM comes in and then swap again... if they are really pressing you for an OEM seat...

Sir, you are a gentleman -- thank you.

It is at Motorcycles of Manchester, Manchester, NH

The seat I bought is not new -- this is the seat:

2008 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer 600 Seat : eBay Motors (item 350332960391 end time Mar-29-10 08:50:27 PDT)

If they get your OEM seat, they may end up selling the bike and you will have to get the above used seat. Is that acceptable? I have never seen the seat so I don't fully know the condition other than that described.

Dennis