2 of 2 mods this week

crabby117

Reaction score
Visit site
And besides my levers, I also replaced that gawd awful fender with a Rumble FE. It was kind of a biyotch to replace in terms of just getting it on. It seems like every time someone powercoats something, they don't realize the tolerances are smaller! I really had to wrestle this thing to get it on to where I could get the screws back on under the pipes. Other than that, it was easy. Good experience overall. :thumbup:

crabby117

Reaction score
Visit site
The kit came with one of those tiny LED screw post lights for the license plate (seen with the red/white wire in the picture). I did NOT use that. Instead I bought a separate license plate light, bigger, brighter, still stealthy. (Everything was bought on ebay, BTW: FE, license plate light, connectors, mini-stalk signals, and LED relay.)

I also got some nice connectors on ebay which saved me from having to cut/replace the connectors on the bike. When I got them, they were mis-pinned, but I just pushed one of the pins out and put it in the right hole to correct that. I had to make some pigtails about a foot long because the wires on the signal lights were short.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And besides my levers, I also replaced that gawd awful fender with a Rumble FE. It was kind of a biyotch to replace in terms of just getting it on. It seems like every time someone powercoats something, they don't realize the tolerances are smaller! I really had to wrestle this thing to get it on to where I could get the screws back on under the pipes. Other than that, it was easy. Good experience overall. :thumbup:

I emailed them about it being too tight... I guess they didn't listen, I ended up having to drill out the holes on mine to make it fit. I put the carbon fiber scorpions on and it was a slight bit big, however once screws were tightened down it was good to go.....

crabby117

Reaction score
Visit site
I emailed them about it being too tight... I guess they didn't listen, I ended up having to drill out the holes on mine to make it fit. I put the carbon fiber scorpions on and it was a slight bit big, however once screws were tightened down it was good to go.....

Apparently not. I had to BEAT this thing on (with a piece of wood between the FE and the hammer so that I wasn't hitting the FE directly). I don't have the tools to drill out metal.

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What is the name of the supplier for those parts...love the look! I have tools to make it fit too. Especially love the stealthy light!

crabby117

Reaction score
Visit site
What is the name of the supplier for those parts...love the look! I have tools to make it fit too. Especially love the stealthy light!

I got the FE from this guy on ebay: eBay Store - Tank pad: Suzuki, fender eliminator, Honda . I looked at his store again today and I don't see him carrying the FE for the FZ6 right now. But you can get it directly from Rumble Concepts at rumbleimport.com. It may be a little more expensive than getting it from ebay. Or just ask the ebay dude if he'll have another in stock.

The wiring connector came from this guy on ebay: eBay Store - RatedR Custom Motorcycle Parts: SUZUKI Hayabusa GSXR TL1000R SV650 SV1000 TL1000S, YAMAHA R1 R6 R7 . Be sure to look at the pins on the connector and compare them to your pins on the bike. There's 3 holes in the connector and only 2 are used; the connector is keyed to only insert one way, so if the "live" pins are misalligned, you'll have to push one wire out and insert it into the correct hole.

The license plate light came from these folks: eBay Store - Cycle Machine Works: GSX-R 600 750, R6 R1, GSX-R1000 .

And the lights came from these guys: eBay Store - 911motosales: Clear Flushmount LED, Smoke Flushmount LED, Yamaha . These can be gotten from all over the place, though.

Sorry one more. The LED relay adaptor came from here: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/VFXKits__W0QQ_armrsZ1 .

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great! :thumbup: I totally agree on the PC process. The local shop here will take care of that for us though. They put something in the holes to prevent the powder from adhering, then bake it and knock out the plugs.

Nice work!