For sale: 2007 Yamaha FZ1 - Central NJ

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
SOLD I was thinking to hold on to this bike, now that I bought a 2015 FJR, but I think I'll need to let it go. It served me incredibly well for 4+ seasons.
Bike has never been dropped.

• 33,9XX miles on odometer.
  • Michelin Pilot Road 2 tires have 2.5k miles on them (I got 12k miles out of my last set, so these will last a looong time before they need to go).
  • DID 530 gold chain (replaced less than 1k miles ago).
  • Fender eliminator (have original fender and can include with purchase).
  • Clear alternatives integrated LED tail light (have original fender and can include with purchase).
  • Red, reflective rim tape, 90 degree valve stems.
  • Swingarm spools.
  • 12v switched outlet under passenger seat.
  • BMC high flow air filter.
  • Scorpion carbon exhaust.
  • the2wheels adjustable levers (have original fender and can include with purchase).

Have full service history since I got it with 8.5k miles on it.

I think that about sums it up.. the rest of the bike is stock. Can take pic from any angle, but if you're interested you really should come out and see it in person

Looking for $3699

66692d1465757584-new-toy-tight-jpg

Attachments

• tight.jpg
    tight.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought you were keeping her? :confused:

well, what I do know is, you'll miss her when she's gone :(

There's a very good chance you're right, Bren! I had my first ride on FRJ in the twisties today and was shocked how well that bike handles and how quickly it gets up to speed. Besides FJR being a pig, FZ1 is just too close to it in function.. when it comes to how I use it.

It's been a great bike and yes.. I'll likely miss it, but I'm working on moving to a place with legal off-road trails.. I'm thinking dual sport for my 2nd bike will make more sense :)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a beaut of a bike Eric :drool:

I really think that the models with a black engine look so sharp (a bit like the fz6 some FZ1 models have silver engines).

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a beaut of a bike Eric :drool:

I really think that the models with a black engine look so sharp (a bit like the fz6 some FZ1 models have silver engines).

Thanks, Martin! Yeah.. I do love how it looks and rides. Hopefully it'll bring someone else lots of smiles (like it did for me).

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Supply and demand man ... You could have asked for more! Why do I have this odd uncomfortable feeling as if a family member left? They better treat it well!!!

I hear ya! Definitely sad to let it go, but I've got an awesome bike now perfectly capable of nearly everything FZ1 did (well.. maybe not the 2 track days, though I know even THAT has been done on FJR!)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am SPEECHLESS! Eric IS the FZ1. And the FZ1 IS Eric. WHAT is this world coming to?

LOL! It WAS a great bike, but FJR is going to serve my needs better for now (more 2up riding.. and a likely several trips to FL).

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
LOL! It WAS a great bike, but FJR is going to serve my needs better for now (more 2up riding.. and a likely several trips to FL).

I feel old. I don't come to the forum much any more, but I clearly recall when Erci first bought the FZ1...
Cool about the FJR though. It does seem well suited for 2up and long trips.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel old. I don't come to the forum much any more, but I clearly recall when Erci first bought the FZ1...
Cool about the FJR though. It does seem well suited for 2up and long trips.

Wow.. and I thought I wasn't here that often! Yeah.. my only complaint about the FJR is that it's an absolute pig to move around the garage (not like I didn't see that coming though)