100k mile parts summary

2007Z6ALL-LED

Reaction score
Visit site
0000-castrol-power-rs-racing-4t-engine-oil----mcss.jpg

I've been running this oil exclusively since my first oil change, with a Purolator One Filter that you can pick up at just about any auto parts shop. Interval average is about 4k miles.

Chain lubricant changes frequently from ordinary chain lube to chain wax,

Hard to answer that question since I don't keep track. But I have taken several 4-5000 motorcycle trips, so I have done my fair share of touring. Same for the shutdown, but I'm guessing at times it could have been 20-30 times a day since my bike is my only ride. But it can be a few as just two. But as I mentioned, I had to replace my shut off switch, which is the way I turn my bike off.

Amazon sells these box of 6 quarts for $45 shipped, sometimes it goes up to $52 but still cheaper than the most resellers!

1st I used Yama oil, vibrating as hell after 1000 miles. Then I changed to this Castro, smooth, quiet and no vibration at all!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I use to get a 30% discount with Cycle gear so that's where I got the oil most of the time or sometimes they go on sale so it helps bring the price down. It takes three of those containers to do the oil change, so I'm guessing it cost around $35, including the filter for every oil change.

Thanks for the Amazon tip.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Around 70k miles when the engine seized, the symptoms was a constant ticking noise, which started much earlier than 70k miles that I IGNORED! After that, it wasn't just a Cam Chain Tensioner, but everything that is associated with the CT, like the chain itself, guides, etc which were worn and had to be replaced, including the sensor which grinded away against my engine which caused my engine to seize. It was by far the worse repair and most costly, about $800 at the dealership, but it also included my valve check/adjustment.

Not to pick on you Kenny, but just to clear up some wording. Most refer to an "engine seize" as A MAJOR CATASTROPHIC EVENT, which it DOES NOT recover from w/out throwing thousands of dollars at!! - While, having to push the bike is not a catastrophic event to the engine (but maybe the Rider!!!)! :spank::spank: Blah

Sadly, the Fizzer failed to run on its own as the Timing chain had destroyed the Crankshaft Position Sensor which IS VERY CRITICAL to engine operation. It can run with nearly any one of the other sensors DEAD, but NOT that one!

As you were....

But I still have that question; Did they really take the Head off that engine? If so, it likely had the engine REMOVED as its not a simple task while "in frame".