07-09 Mirror extenders

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I made up a set and they do give a little more view behind without moving your shoulders, I tried them out today and no more tucking my wings in to see behind and they stayed on up to 135MPH indicated:spank:
Price will be $55.00 including mailing via the USPS with $5.00/set going to the site. If you want them mailed outside the USA then the price will go up depending on the mailing costs.
I made them from aluminum bar stock, 6061 for the spacer and 2024 for the threaded inserts for you technical types:D I wrapped the spacers with some black self adhesive vinyl and took the shine off with some Scotch Bright.
The kit will have the 2 spacer blocks, 4 threaded inserts, 4 M6 x 20mm long stainless steel button head cap screws, 4 stainless washers and a .02 oz. tube of LocTite 242(blue) thread locker.
Let me know via a PM if you want a kit and you can send the money to my PayPal account Jblk9695 at gmail dot com
Let me know what you all think.
P1000763.jpg

P1000764.jpg

P1000752.jpg

I tried to take a photo from the pilots point of view, I think my shoulders actually protrude a little more than in the photo but not by much-
P1000773.jpg

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
And I'm not sure if they will work with pre 07 models as the fairing is a little different. If someone can measure the bolt spacing and if the attachment is the same then I can determine if they will fit, thanks.
Here is the attachment on my 09--
P1000755.jpg

Jerry

737driver

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got these installed and I am very pleased with them. The machining is nicely done and the black vinyl wrap matches nicely. They arrived nicely packaged with the extenders, threaded inserts, hardware and even a small tube of blue locktite all individually bagged and wrapped.
Installation was pretty easy, remove enough of the inner fairing to get to the 10mm nuts holding the mirrors on, remove the mirrors, then slide the extenders over the mirror studs, apply some locktite and screw the threaded inserts in. Then install back on the bike using the new hex head screws and more locktite, don't forget to re-use the stock aluminum spacers. Put the fairing back in and enjoy.

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got these installed and I am very pleased with them. The machining is nicely done and the black vinyl wrap matches nicely. They arrived nicely packaged with the extenders, threaded inserts, hardware and even a small tube of blue locktite all individually bagged and wrapped.
Installation was pretty easy, remove enough of the inner fairing to get to the 10mm nuts holding the mirrors on, remove the mirrors, then slide the extenders over the mirror studs, apply some locktite and screw the threaded inserts in. Then install back on the bike using the new hex head screws and more locktite, don't forget to re-use the stock aluminum spacers. Put the fairing back in and enjoy.

:needpics:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com

Thanks for the nice write-up, looking forward to a ride report as soon as the rain stops.

Jerry

737driver

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't take any pics of the install but here are some of the kit when it arrived. If it ever stops raining on my days off here in WI I will get the bike out into the sun for some more pics and a ride report.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

737driver

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got the extenders out on the road today and they worked great. traffic on both sides and behind was visible without catching sight of my shoulders or elbows. No vibration and mirrors held their position nicely. Here are some more pics of them installed on the bike.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jerry you did a fine job! Well thought out. 15 minute installation. I have added a few moving shots of the left mirror. They work great for skinny me.
Thanks Jerry!:thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice!! I would have absolutely ordered these if I still had a fairing :thumbup:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I put these on the day before the NJ ride, 412 miles round trip for me! Worked great! Its nice to not have to tuck and swerve to see behind you. Jerry does an amazing job on these. 737driver pretty much summed it up with the report.
I would add this to your MUST DO'S! No joke, easy mod to do, took 10 min.
Thanks again Jerry!
Joe:thumbup:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I put these on the day before the NJ ride, 412 miles round trip for me! Worked great! Its nice to not have to tuck and swerve to see behind you. Jerry does an amazing job on these. 737driver pretty much summed it up with the report.
I would add this to your MUST DO'S! No joke, easy mod to do, took 10 min.
Thanks again Jerry!
Joe:thumbup:

Sounds like you had a great ride and I'm glad you like the extenders:thumbup:

Jerry

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Got the extenders out on the road today and they worked great. traffic on both sides and behind was visible without catching sight of my shoulders or elbows. No vibration and mirrors held their position nicely. Here are some more pics of them installed on the bike.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for the pics. Your bike color is really cool! Can you post some more shots the bike? :D

Besides knowing Jerry personally as a friend I have to say his kit has lots of bang for the buck. I can't imagine him making a lot of profit on something like this considering the overhead in materials and utilities to manufacture these.
I like the fact that this gives added visual to those that hide in between your shoulder blades which always adds to your safety. Cool Beans!!! :rockon: