Yamaha comfort seat worth it?

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys thinking about getting the comfort seat for my fz6, but given that its over $200.00 I wanted to get everyone's opinion on if it makes enough of a difference to be worth that extra scratch? Also are there any drawbacks to the seat such as the seat shifting during high speed cornering, etc? Everyone's help is much appreciated!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It wasn't for me. It did extend my seat time but here's what I find wrong about it. It is slippery and you continuously slide forward. The gel gets VERY HOT in the sun and stays that way for quite some time after you get on and ride. Goes the other way with cold too, but I'd rather have a cold seat than a hot one. Save a few more bucks and get a Corbin.

oldfast007 (Eric) swapped with me yesterday for a portion of the Northeast FZ6 Meet. I found the Corbin to be extremely comfortable compared to my "comfort" seat. I believe he also had the same opinion and was glad to get his Corbin back. After switching back, it took me about 10 minutes to start whining in my helmet and wishing the Corbin was under me!

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks man I checked it out it looks really nice just wish it weren't so expensive. Any negative effects when cornering hard or carving up switchbacks where your leaning rapidly from one side to the other? I just don't wanna sacrifice any of the sporting ability of the bike but i can't stand riding too long on that attrocity of a stock seat

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It wasn't for me. It did extend my seat time but here's what I find wrong about it. It is slippery and you continuously slide forward. The gel gets VERY HOT in the sun and stays that way for quite some time after you get on and ride. Goes the other way with cold too, but I'd rather have a cold seat than a hot one. Save a few more bucks and get a Corbin.

oldfast007 (Eric) swapped with me yesterday for a portion of the Northeast FZ6 Meet. I found the Corbin to be extremely comfortable compared to my "comfort" seat. I believe he also had the same opinion and was glad to get his Corbin back. After switching back, it took me about 10 minutes to start whining in my helmet and wishing the Corbin was under me!

Agreed, the gel seat is better than the stock, however the corbin is that much more comfortable, If I were to have a do-over I would spec the seat in a far different configuration. As far as back road bombing it works just fine!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, Yamaha comfort seat - no so great, Corbin seat - very good, has anyone tried a Bagster seat?

usa35

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have a picture of the Corbin seat?

I've seen it on a BMW K1200RS. The seat looked great on that ride, if not just a bit too much like a old-lady horsie saddle...

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I've seen it on a BMW K1200RS. The seat looked great on that ride, if not just a bit too much like a old-lady horsie saddle...

There's a great deal of pics here in the threads. Hit the Search and type in Corbin and you'll see many shapes, styles and colors on the FZ6! ;)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Here's the standard FZ6 Corbin with the optional back rest.

My wife likes the safety and comfort of the back rest, however...always a however with any mod, right?...the passanger seat slopes DOWN very slightly so she is always having to push herself back. Also if you choose the "carbon fiber" look leather, it is slick for certain materials: jeans, and leathers. My textitle pants are fine and don't slide. I'd also like the crotch area of the saddle to slope up another 1/2 inch. When I brake hard the DNA will hit the fuel tank. The additional slope would help. I've also noticed that the Corbin, as least for me, needs some time to break in. I put in about 200 miles yesterday and the saddle just keeps getting better and better.

Note that this photo was taken with the bike on the center stand so it appears to be slopping down more than it really is.

I plan to send it back to Corbin and have the slope issue addressed. The Rayman did that mod and he and his wife are very happy with the saddle now.

View attachment 7138

Last edited:

Scott C

Reaction score
Visit site
I second saving the money and not buying the yamaha gel seat. I have it and was disapointed with it. Did not make a big difference in feel or wanting to ride longer. I do like the looks of it better though. FZ6inNH sums it up pretty well.
It is slippery and you continuously slide forward. The gel gets VERY HOT in the sun and stays that way for quite some time after you get on and ride.

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the standard FZ6 Corbin with the optional back rest.

I'd also like the crotch area of the saddle to slope up another 1/2 inch. When I brake hard the DNA will hit the fuel tank. The additional slope would help.

View attachment 7138

Do you think that that slope helps with reach (not that you need that)?

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Comfort seat is cheap at ronayers if you do a part# ABA-4S821-00-00 search. For the price - $155 shipped it is worth it.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you think that that slope helps with reach (not that you need that)?

Hummm...good question Deb. I would say yes and no. Yes in that I tend to slide towards the tank if I'm in jeans or leathers. No if in textile pants.

No in that Corbin makes a genaric cut for the pilot section of the seat, the scooped out part if you will. For a person who needs more reach I'd suggest having Corbin move the scoop forward an inch.

For what I understand they will tweak the seat for you as needed. They do have execellent customer service. Drop them a line and ask them.

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For those folks having an issue with the pillion sliding forward, have you thought about maybe just having them sit on a piece of that non-slip drawer liner stuff? I dunno, maybe sounds funky/ghetto, but it might be an easy, cheap solution. Maybe hold it in place with a little double-sticky tape..?

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
For those folks having an issue with the pillion sliding forward, have you thought about maybe just having them sit on a piece of that non-slip drawer liner stuff? I dunno, maybe sounds funky/ghetto, but it might be an easy, cheap solution. Maybe hold it in place with a little double-sticky tape..?

I just saw a thread with this a day or two ago...someone has done it and it works.