Who has seen a Pro shop Balance tires/wheels?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone know if they need the axle to support the wheels during balancing process?

The reason I ask is this; I left the rear axle behind. . . I would guess not but I don't know what equipment the shop has.

Thanks!

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the axle is not needed..ive seen it done..if you google static wheel balance images you'll see the metal cones on the "axle" part of the balancer will keep the rim in place

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Basically they look just like this, this is one I made since I do all my own tires, and those cones keep the wheels completely vertical and centered

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Everyone! I was 95% certain the axles are a greater variable than the wheels but I thought I'd ask.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
All done and yep, just a simple rig like that and some tape on weights. Axle and sealing rings (spacers) not needed for this hardware.

But I did get my wheels washed and they even put the tape back on I had there to keep the grime out of my seals!

EDR Performance = :thumbup: :thumbup:

boys (& girls) even have their own forum out here too! EDR Performance Insider Forum - Powered by vBulletin

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Basically they look just like this, this is one I made since I do all my own tires, and those cones keep the wheels completely vertical and centered

I like that set up, very slick.. Think I'll have to play on the lathe today and make some tappered cones...

Also, the shop I go to has a rig with two caged roller bearing on each side and use a rod to go thru the wheel and sit atop the bearings. Its not centering the bearings but works well and still shows the heavy spot (if any). They've been balancing (with mounting) my tires for years and the tires have worn evenly without any problems..

I've double checked the balance on my current rig and they were dead on...