Where to buy FZ1 bars?

SamuraiMark

n00b++
Reaction score
Visit site
Tried searching the forums for threads related to the FZ1 handlebars but search isn't working for me (as in, it returns no hits no matter what I put in as search terms).

I pretty much cannot stand my FZ6 bars. The way my hands meet the bar, all the pressure is on the outside edge of my palms (on the outside meaty part) and on a long ride this gets real uncomfortable. I have to actively flex my hands "out" to have the bar lay neutral across my palm and that is no better.

Maybe rotating the bar towards me a bit would help but I've been considering the FZ1 bar mod that many seem to rave about, or maybe a Rizoma bar. Any input on one versus the other? And where might I find me an FZ1 bar, other than the Yamaha parts catalogue?

If I did order the bar from the local Yamaha shop, are there any other parts I will need or do I just need the bar?

Cheers,
Mark

SamuraiMark

n00b++
Reaction score
Visit site
Try putting "FZ1 bars" (including quote marks) in your search field.

Someone else mentioned a minimum search terms / term length requirement. Searching for "HID kit" returns nothing but "HID lighting kit" works.

I'll have a look through the results I am now getting for the FZ1 bars.

Thanks!

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
bikebandit.com

thats the simple answer...

also the FZ1 bars are slightly more aggressive than the stock bars. if you want that to stay more upright, try the FZ6R bars. and no i dont think you need any other parts, however the FZ1 bars need to be indexed.

for your search query try "FZ1 bar swap"

Last edited:

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine from the local Yammie dealer. Make sure you get the right part number, as some have threaded ends, some don't. Depends whether you want to use the stock FZ6 Barends or aftermarket ones.

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
I finally did the install myself yesterday. Ordered the 2006 FZ1 bars from a local dealer....not Yamaha (they quoted same price as local Yamaha dlr).....$50.50. HANDLEBAR 2D1-26111-02-00
Install is so straight forward I wondered why I waited so long. Thought about installing them without my risers but decided to leave them on. Mine come pretty close to touching the tank at full stop with them so I'm not sure about guys who ride without risers.
As for other parts to order....nope ....not for me. Mine is an 05'. FZ6 bar ends fit no problem.
Didn't have to drill holes as some guys have mentioned either (not sure what years theirs are).
Short ride yesterday and love them.

Last edited:

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I finally did the install myself yesterday. Ordered the 2006 FZ1 bars from a local dealer....not Yamaha (they quoted same price as local Yamaha dlr).....$50.50. HANDLEBAR 2D1-26111-02-00
Install is so straight forward I wondered why I waited so long. Thought about installing them without my risers but decided to leave them on. Mine come pretty close to touching the tank at full stop with them so I'm not sure about guys who ride without risers.
As for other parts to order....nope ....not for me. Mine is an 05'. FZ6 bar ends fit no problem.
Didn't have to drill holes as some guys have mentioned either (not sure what years theirs are).
Short ride yesterday and love them.

Thanks for posting the part#. That always makes things easy, as a quick google search for any part number makes it pretty easy to find. I may have to try this out to see if I like it, too.

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for posting the part#. That always makes things easy, as a quick google search for any part number makes it pretty easy to find. I may have to try this out to see if I like it, too.

Really only tricky part is getting the bar ends off....the inner part of end looks like it's a torx.....but you don't use that end.....use the larger hex opening...I believe it's an 8mm allen key.
Once again, the previous posts on here help clarify that.

03636rider

Reaction score
Visit site
bikebandit.com

thats the simple answer...

also the FZ1 bars are slightly more aggressive than the stock bars. if you want that to stay more upright, try the FZ6R bars. and no i dont think you need any other parts, however the FZ1 bars need to be indexed.

for your search query try "FZ1 bar swap"

You could also try the FZ8 bars if you are looking for a more upright riding position. they have a 1" rise where the FZ1 bars are completely flat.