Where do you work and what do you do?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
UPDATE:
After 10 months of unemployment and doing some side-gigs, I'm in a startup compliance software shop (started mid-july). What do I do? It's a startup, so pretty much anything that needs to be done, but mostly serve as a buffer between Techies and Business. Techies think I'm Business, Business People think I'm a Techie. I may get an identity crisis like that ;) :thumbup:

:BLAA:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGS2tKQhdhY]People Skills - YouTube[/ame]

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Update: I work at a place called Intersect ENT now. We make a drug eluting sinus stent. It's a pretty cool technology. We got FDA approval and launched a new product last month and so far everyone loves it. Also check out the "how it works" video.

Intersect ENT

I'm still loving medical devices. In addition to physicians, you need all the folks in biotech who work so hard to deliver new technologies that let them help their patients.

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
So you're a pediatrician?:ban:

well im a metal fabricator (welder) by trade which i did for about12 years but havent done that in 2 years as there is little or no work in the building trade in Ireland which means not alot of steel fabrication going on , right now im working in INTEL flushing pipes with various chemicals for a passivation company its part time but some jobs can last weeks others days - earning peanuts but work is work , i also breed and sell praying mantids as a sideline for a few extra notes

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a consultant/software developer at a small consulting company in Dallas. I absolutely love my job and my company. :)

Sco

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a videographer for the local PBS station.
The job involves much more than running camera.
Something different everyday so it keeps me happy.

fire561

Reaction score
Visit site
Firefighter/EMT and when dispatch sends us on a car vs motorcycle it always makes me a little nervous to know what we will find. 9 times out of 10 not the riders fault.

Blown_Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
I work for an airgun importer/distributor. I am the service manager and lead airgun tech. And, I also do some R&D.

I'm also trying to earn an engineering degree during what free time I have..

Sent from my SkyRocket

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
UPDATE:
After 10 months of unemployment and doing some side-gigs, I'm in a startup compliance software shop (started mid-july). What do I do? It's a startup, so pretty much anything that needs to be done, but mostly serve as a buffer between Techies and Business. Techies think I'm Business, Business People think I'm a Techie. I may get an identity crisis like that ;) :thumbup:

I do basically the same thing. At my company we call it product management.

My company makes accounting and property management software for residential and commercial for property managers, fee managers and real estate trusts. I make sure that our software meets the needs of the clients.

TopPud

-Matt-
Reaction score
Visit site
Currently a senior at University of Wisconsin Platteville for a Manufacturing Engineering degree with a minor in Management. I also work some weekends and summer back home at FairBanks Morse Engine. They build big diesel engines for navy/coast guard ships, also for other applications.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Currently a senior at University of Wisconsin Platteville for a Manufacturing Engineering degree with a minor in Management. I also work some weekends and summer back home at FairBanks Morse Engine. They build big diesel engines for navy/coast guard ships, also for other applications.
I was on 2 of the CG 378' Cutters that had the 12 cylinder, opposed piston(24) diesel engines. You haven't lived until you've had to rewire the flex joint connecting the crank shafts:eek:

Ramarius

Two wheel addict
Reaction score
Visit site
My dad and I own an oilfield business that supplies valves, flanges and such. I am also a machinist/ welder and still do a lot of both. Comes in handy

Solarservant

Thrill-Seeker
Reaction score
Visit site
On and off-grid photovoltaic system design and permitting, with a few SHW and wind power systems thrown in the mix occasionally. Lots of AutoCAD and dealing with local bureaucracies...

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I teach 2nd grade at an elementray school in Reno, NV

Hottest teacher around when I arrive on my FZ6 in the morning. Park it right up front so the school secretary can keep an eye on my baby.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Until two weeks ago I was a mortgage banker.

I got the job right after graduation from college. It was suppose to be only for few months to pretty much avoid having a gap on my resume.

Well what do you know, the job was sucking me in. 90% of my job was all about getting new clients and establishing my client base. No social life at all. I was going to networking parties, business development meetings pretty much 24/7.

I figured out that this wasn't for me. I wasn't learning anything new in terms of skills and once I would commit myself to being in sales i would be stuck there for the long haul. That's a big no-no for me. While I am certainly motivated by money and can't say that I didn't enjoy my commission checks, my mind is geared more towards analytics and problem solving.

So I quit my job two weeks ago and now I am contemplating my options for going to grad school for a MS in Statistics/Econometrics and for the time being trying to find a job that is somewhat more related towards that degree.