Where do you work and what do you do?

rickvan67

Junior Cheeseburger
Reaction score
Visit site
Geologist and Project Manager for a large national environmental consulting/engineering firm (NASDAQ TTEK)...managing to stay employed in this crap economy!! In college I had dreams of doing "geology"...in the real world I manage projects, try to keep my clients out of trouble with the state and federal regulators and spend most of my time going blind looking at a computer screen.

Brandad

Reaction score
Visit site
Very interesting thread.

Journeyman System Operator for Pacific Gas & Electric PG&E. Roughly, I trouble-shoot 12kv/21kv electrical outages and then re-route power back to undamaged areas.

clrd_2_lnd

Reaction score
Visit site
I work for the FAA as a Enroute Air Traffic Controller for Los Angeles Center, I sit in a radar room and keep airplanes from crashing into each other, my area covers the coast of California from Ventura to San Luis Obisbo, and over the water for about 300 mles.

Last edited:

Wiz

Reaction score
Visit site
Master Scheduler / Project Management Professional (PMP) for mid-sized shipbuilder in the US. USS Freedom recently commissioned, now I'm working on the next one. (When was that steel supposed to be here anyway??):eek:

Wiz

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool Thread, glad I was bored and snooping around the forum...

I am currently in the Army working as a IASO, Information Assurance Security Officer. Big fancy title to say I work at a computer all day long.

In the civi world I work as a Level 2 helpdesk tech, meaning I get to fix computers when they break, hardware and software issues.

I've done many different jobs in my past, Truck Driver, Residental Contruction, Medical Records Clerk, and a few other odds and ends from time to time.

darkbluexplorer

ATGATT - Live by it!
Reaction score
Visit site
PhD CS student, 1.5 years to graduate with focus on Model-Driven Middleware Specialization at Vanderbilt University. Here is my website: Akshay Dabholkar

Congradulations! I know the feeling of finishing something almost but not quite as hard just defended my (Masters) little over a year ago! lot of work for a little sheet of paper! :)
Since the job industry is currently sucky I own a computer repair/network company on the side and work for Hamilton County (Chattanooga) as a Health Inspector.

Dresnewtoy

Reaction score
Visit site
Work in Engineering and Operations for the local electric utility down here in southern Maryland. I mostly sit and stare at computers. Not the most exciting job, but people like it when their lights stay on.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
update!!! I am now the Inside Sales Manager @ a fitting and tubing company... very happy and absolutely love it!!

Last edited:

ctrigga

Reaction score
Visit site
Overnight Manager at a QuikTrip, title says manager, should read janitor/cashier, but it pays well!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You will not be the only person to start in a kitchen

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2