Where do you keep the FZ during the winter?

Where do you keep the FZ during the winter?

• Inside the house

Votes: 27 3.8%
  • Heated garage/workshop

Votes: 120 17.0%
  • Unheated garage/shed

Votes: 301 42.6%
  • Outside under cover

Votes: 55 7.8%
  • Keep? I ride All year round!

Votes: 203 28.8%

• Total voters
D

Dave.TX

I rode all last winter here in Texas. It's going to be 80 degrees again today.

That said I have a garage I park my bike in, not heated.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
I love it that you keep your bike inside. (Nothing wrong with taking care of the one that takes good care of you) Mine has to reside inside a cold garage, but I keep a 110 volt lightbulb burning directly under the header/radiator area, (thinking that the heat will eventually rise up into the area around the battery). It must work. The bike has never failed to crank even with it's 3 1/2 year old battery. Whatever. For just pennies per day it keeps me happy.

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Plus it gives any critters that happen to take up residence in the Airbox a night light =-O

Edit: wow that's 2 threads ive resurrected for no reason today. I give up

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
overnight its in the grage at home but during the working week it sits sorta under cover....under a balcony of a multi level carpark, just of the footpath near work. It still gets really bad weather when the wind is howling but is pretty protected from rain and so far (fingers crossed) not seen any hail

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine will either be in the shed or the garage. That'll be dictated by how bad the weather is and if I've gotten the garage cleaned out and organized.

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I keep it in the shop which is unheated, but it stays covered and hooked up to the Battery Tender. As soon as the 2 VFRS that are in the heated garage are put back together and sold the FZ will occupy the garage.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I keep it in the shop which is unheated, but it stays covered and hooked up to the Battery Tender. As soon as the 2 VFRS that are in the heated garage are put back together and sold the FZ will occupy the garage.

What 2 VFRs do you have? I really miss the 98 VFR 800 that I sold. :(

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Hubbie and I built a unheated shed with room for three bikes and misc gear in the backyard the summer we bought the first of our four bikes. They are winterized, covered, and stored on battery tenders in late October as soon as it gets chilly here. Ran electrical to it after it was built. I said we needed to do that before building it. Hubbie didn't listen, then it was his idea afterwards (men!). The fourth bike we bought in May doesn't fit.(At -1 degrees F (two days ago) and 8 inches of snow Friday night I am not parking my car outside. The Volvo is tucked nicely into the attached garage. The hubbie usually parks outside when the bikes are parked diagonally on his side of the attached garage during riding season. The Volvo is always parked in the garage - A girl has to be able to go fast even when it isn't riding season.) The compromise...the 1986 VFR750 is tucked into the guest bedroom for the winter. Sorry family and friends, no room at the Inn. Hubbie and 18 year old son pushed her in the house through the front door and straight into the guest bedroom.

See Men, having a wife that rides too has its advantages....:thumbup:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an unheated garage with insulated garage door so it's not too cold. Good place to work on my bike. Kind of cramped with the car inside. Kind of tough backing in sometimes. I used to have two motorcycles in there. My dirt bike and FZ6. Can't have too many brews and try and back in as it is pretty tight. :spank: