Where do you keep the FZ during the winter?

Where do you keep the FZ during the winter?

• Inside the house

Votes: 27 3.8%
  • Heated garage/workshop

Votes: 120 17.0%
  • Unheated garage/shed

Votes: 301 42.6%
  • Outside under cover

Votes: 55 7.8%
  • Keep? I ride All year round!

Votes: 203 28.8%

• Total voters

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Am I the only one to invite the FZ inside the house during the winter?
I would newer leave he for months in an unheated location, - but maybe thats just me?

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
My baby stays in her bike shed. along with dad's fz1. Tis unheated, but is protected from the -40's I can get here. No snow and ice to worry about, and I winterize her before hand.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
My baby stays in her bike shed. along with dad's fz1. Tis unheated, but is protected from the -40's I can get here. No snow and ice to worry about, and I winterize her before hand.

The wife is pushing me to build a bike shed, - but if I go ahead with the project,
I'm gonna build it heated and ventilated so it stays between 10c - 25c all year round.
I'm considering Solar & wind turbine driven solutions, but nothing concrete yet.

D

Deleted member 2349

Yep and the truck sits in the driveway rusting...
bullofspadez-albums-pictures-picture2469-finished-house-my-kiddo.jpg

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My baby is in the attached garage, not really heated but the boiler is in there so I supppose it's really heated. She gets a daily buffing to ward any dust. :thumbup:

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
The wife is pushing me to build a bike shed, - but if I go ahead with the project,
I'm gonna build it heated and ventilated so it stays between 10c - 25c all year round.
I'm considering Solar & wind turbine driven solutions, but nothing concrete yet.

Yeah, took me and dad a whole summer to build this shed. Yet it was built man style. Look at the wood, keep looking and hope it stands up, stop for a break, end up at the motorcycle races, come back three hours later and hope someone did it for you. Repeat until you desperately need to build something.

We got full electrical running to the shed, so we can run a compressor and anything else we need (music and tv included) but opted out on the heat.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Yeah, took me and dad a whole summer to build this shed. Yet it was built man style. Look at the wood, keep looking and hope it stands up, stop for a break, end up at the motorcycle races, come back three hours later and hope someone did it for you. Repeat until you desperately need to build something.

Is this not the only way to build anything???? ,- except I would throw in some beer brakes, - it can get really hot in the summer when you are watching the wood :)

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
I use an outdoor shed, unheated except for whatever heat the sun will generate beating on the shed, but at least it's out of the elements.

It's winterized, so I don't have too many concerns. Actually, I get to winterize it several times, since I take it out whenever the temps get above about 35 F. Happens every now and then......

I don't mind the extra trouble, gives me a chance to mess with the bike. Good therapy if nothing else.

W

wrightme43

It just sits in my garage. I walk by it every time I go in or out since thats the way I go in or out of the house.

Its not really heated but attached to the house and the waterheater is in there so its not really cold either. Just sort of a nice dry well lighted cave for her to rest and dream of warm sunny days with dry clean pavement.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I count my winter storage in days, not weeks or months. The weather around here is very nice most of the time and I have had very few days this winter when I didn't ride.

robbijer

Reaction score
Visit site
I was keeping my bike under a covered patio in my back yard but we got a bunch of below freezing weather accompanied with snow and ice so I made room in my attached garage and now its parked in there next to the car. Luckily I have been able to get in a few rides so I have not worried about winterizing.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gets the one car garage all to herself. (year round) I ride every break in the weather which is still 2 to 5 times a week.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Ride almost year round so I have a shed for all 4 bikes. Burried a power line to it a few years back for light and batt tenders.

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
Am I the only one to invite the FZ inside the house during the winter?

Betty lives in the house year round. My garage is a mess waiting to fall down. It's on the list of things to do once we get the plumbing and other internals done inside the house. I bought my grandmother's house 3 yrs ago and my dad is helping me slowly fix things that need it. I do have to say I like having her in the front room. Just zip up and down an alum ramp on the steps and there you have it :)

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I love having good friends with a ride in basement... She's nice and comfy in the heated basement of a friend's house... I agree... Playing with the bike in winter is the only way to avoid going crazy wanting to ride...