Where do you keep the FZ during the winter?

Where do you keep the FZ during the winter?

• Inside the house

Votes: 27 3.8%
  • Heated garage/workshop

Votes: 120 17.0%
  • Unheated garage/shed

Votes: 301 42.6%
  • Outside under cover

Votes: 55 7.8%
  • Keep? I ride All year round!

Votes: 203 28.8%

• Total voters

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Gearbox oil? What is this nonsense you speak? the gearbox oil is the engine oil.

My good man, you know exactly what nonsense I speak. ;). Thank you for the correction.

It was late, I was tired, it was too dark to see what I was typing... The list of my bad excuses for making such a beginner's mistake is endless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
My good man, you know exactly what nonsense I speak. ;). Thank you for the correction.

It was late, I was tired, it was too dark to see what I was typing... The list of my bad excuses for making such a beginner's mistake is endless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Once you stop learning, you start dying." - Albert Einstein

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Always been in a heater garage..now it's in my 20x 20 workshop in my basement which has a large french door access directly into my yard.

There are only a month or two in my area that are unsuitable for riding.

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
Having just voted that I keep mine outside under cover, I looked again and saw the last option! D'Oh!!!
The only time it sits under a cover is when I too am under a cover - asleep.
Otherwise I keep her on the road - rollin'!:rockon:

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
I keep mine here. :thumbup: :D

DSC01457.jpg

Marc

Pagerboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I voted heated but I meant unheated, I'll have to find a good cover because of the moisture on the Grizzly 660 after plowing the driveway.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I keep mine stored in my parents garage, uncovered, and plugged into the tender.

Before storing I change the fluids, apply a very liberal amount of wax to the chain, and add some stabil to the fuel tank.

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking I'd maybe ride it down to my friend's place for winter, but it might be cooler to have it staring at me when I walk in the front door. :D :D

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
It gets ridden all year...it was snowin last winter and still rode till dark, then I was too afraid of ice and crap....kickstand froze to the asphalt at work. :D

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
The wife is pushing me to build a bike shed, - but if I go ahead with the project,
I'm gonna build it heated and ventilated so it stays between 10c - 25c all year round.
I'm considering Solar & wind turbine driven solutions, but nothing concrete yet.

you wouldn't need a very big turbine for a shed. i know a guy who own's a fishing charter in Valdez, Alaska that uses a small turbine maybe 3 feet in diameter to power his house, which he rents out for longer charters, year round. its a big 3 story A-frame cabin and he never has to pay for electricity, granted he has wood furnaces, for heat (just like everyone else in AK) one on each level, that get used during the winter.

maybe something like a 2ft. diameter (.5-.7meters) would do the trick for a small shed. you'd need a battery though and thats the expensive part.

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
I ride year round as long as my tires are touching pavement and not snow/ice. Heated gloves, heated grips, and a layer or two under my fully lined leather jacket and pants keeps me toasty warm even when it's in the 20's.