Where do you keep the FZ during the winter?

Where do you keep the FZ during the winter?

• Inside the house

Votes: 27 3.8%
  • Heated garage/workshop

Votes: 120 17.0%
  • Unheated garage/shed

Votes: 301 42.6%
  • Outside under cover

Votes: 55 7.8%
  • Keep? I ride All year round!

Votes: 203 28.8%

• Total voters

detpilot

Reaction score
Visit site
What do you recommend for someone in Michigan (IE, freakin cold), who lives in an apartment with no garage? I do have covered parking, but will that plus a cover and winterization be enough?

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
What do you recommend for someone in Michigan (IE, freakin cold), who lives in an apartment with no garage? I do have covered parking, but will that plus a cover and winterization be enough?

If the winterization includes removing the battery(Keep it inside), stabil in the tank, and preferable lifting both wheels of the ground, I think you should be OK.

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
Crappy pic of when I was doing the steering bearings, but the bike lives in the same vinyl shed through the winter. For the winter I put a phone book under the front tire so it's not on the cold pavement, full tank of gas with stabilizer, take the battery out and put it on a charger, and toss a bike cover over it. Did the same last year and it came out of the winter just fine. Heck the year before with my old POS Yamaha Radian (damn I miss that bike...) I just left it outside, only taking the battery out. Got a little rusty but started first try with some starter fluid

IMG_2588.jpg

buccs40oz

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine stays at my work in the "other" work shop. It is heated, but the dogs like to piss on it from time to time. They run the show in the lot though, plus they weight almost the same as me.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is our spot. It is climate controlled - and they are lucky for the spot since this is where we used to warehouse our dog food when we ran a dog food delivery service (we recently closed down).

They (and I) love the spot.

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I keep it on the road! Rubber side down! I can ride all year here, but there are some guys that won't ride if the temp goes below 50F.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just had to post an update of our bike's winter spots. My husband worked on it today and I do have to say that it is great so far - and is a work in progress for a bit. We moved all our gear out there and are thinking that when the warm weather hits we will move the bikes to the other side of the building (no heat) and use where they are sitting now as a work area.

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
I keep her in the basement in my father's house, which is quite nice. This morning it was -21 c outside and 80 cm snow....... Freakin' cold! It's sunny, though:thumbup:

TKarrade

Software Simian
Reaction score
www.playeralliance.com
I keep it on the road! Rubber side down! I can ride all year here, but there are some guys that won't ride if the temp goes below 50F.
I wish I was in your situation! Unfortunately it gets a little chilly up in my neck of the woods. I have to keep mine in an unheated outdoor storage shed until spring. It stays dry, but not that warm.

I only tried riding in the snow once, with my old bike, a '93 EX500. It was a scary experience.

Besides, I don't think they make studded snow tires for the FZ6. :D

-TK

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
good old subject. and having riding seasons sucks. it would be better if i had a sled (snowmobile for those that dont have a need for them)

as for where they stay.. havet too many toys to keep them in the house anymore. my old bike i had in the front room of the house. but now they both will keep the cages company in my barn/toybox.. at 40ftx40ft. i have lots of toys in there.. 4 cars 3 bikes, and a bunch of other stuff (spare sets of wheels for the cages and motors and more) i did get a battery tender that i will switch between the bikes every few weeks