What's your "road kill" tally?

OkieDavid

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wondering what everyone has hit....I'll start.
At 3500mi I've logged a bunny (no problem) and Mourning Dove to the right arm (no problem) but yesterday I took a Hummingbird to the throat...Darn rascal hit me perfectly above the collar of my jacket and just under the chin guard on my helmet.....Between the tears streaming down my face I was able to get shut down but man did that bugger almost knock me flat...A stupid tiny hummingbird....Guy behind me stopped to check on me and said it looked just like someone had smacked me in the face with a down filled pillow LOL

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
So far just a lot of bugs. I've come close to birds a few times though, actually had a goose cross my path pretty close on the highway last weekend. I have a cruiser buddy that took a bird to the mouth, right under his nose (no helmet). His jaw was sore for about 2 weeks.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
So far only true road kill is a bunny. I did hit a deer a couple weeks ago, but it was a glancing blow and the deer ran off (didn't kill it)....I think I'm still going to count it though.

Gosling1

Take it easy Charlie. I've got an angle.
Reaction score
Visit site
One skunk, one bat, two squirrels, a small bird of some sort, it exploded when it hit my helmet. And one very dumb opossum.

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
NEARLY hit a dog and a squirrel, guess I got good skills well that and It was in my neighborhood so less than 35mph...

although in my cage I did find a bird mummified to the radiator shroud so that's the only thing I've hit that I can think off.

macvicar

Reaction score
Visit site
One Canadian goose,(back half) tons of them along the Thousand Island Parkway, it was just a matter of time!

One rather long snake, felt bad about that one, some rare species in the area, but it was him or me!

cheers
Macvicar

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A CAR...in 1991..was the biggest thing.

Out riding last week my friend hit a crow. It was in the middle of the road and as he approached he expected it to fly. It didn`t, it hopped straight in front of him and committed Hari Kari.

It was a weird thing to see.

Steve

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I found a mouse in my truck's brake rotor, hit 3 deer and dodged many more, and a bird that flew into my open window and actually got killed by hitting the inside of my back window.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
"What's the difference between running over an attorney and running over a snake?"
Answer: "Skid marks in front of the snake."

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bugs, a big ASS grass hopper, a pigeon, snake, deer near misses and the worst was a black lab that jumped between the back of my front wheel and the motor on my GS1100. I felt terrible! The father and his 5 year old son were crossing the road, and the dog was about 20 feet behind and was running to catch up. After I hit the dog the boy was crying, I was crushed and the father was yelling at the boy to shut up. I wanted to punch the father. I appoligized and road off. I felt terrible that entire week. :(

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One Canadian goose,(back half) tons of them along the Thousand Island Parkway, it was just a matter of time!

One rather long snake, felt bad about that one, some rare species in the area, but it was him or me!

cheers
Macvicar

Grew up there, in Brockville. I haven't had the chance to ride the Parkway yet, but am going to this summer. I now live 6 hours away, but I can't wait!! I am trailering the bike, as I have 2 kids and need some extra seats lol But after I drop the kids off at Grammas, we are going to head to Parry Sound for SportBike, a good 6-7 hour ride.

My road kill tally? Bugs, many many mayflies and a couple big azz June bugs, Jeezzz, those can give ya a wake up call when they smack into your face shield.