What's high mileage?

Circle

Reaction score
Visit site
To pick a number though, if an '06 had more than 60,000km I personally would look elsewhere. Better to find a well maintained bike with very few km than a very well maintained bike with a lot of km on it. I'd be trying to find something ridden less than 30,000km if it was an '06.

Totally agree!

Hi Ruggedcoast,
I bought mine (black '04) just over 3 years ago from a friend. I use it as a commuter every day and it hasn't let me down yet. I'm on 44,000 km and I've slapped a K&N air filter, changed to some specy motul oil, thrown 2bro pipes on, & and braided brake lines and it keeps on looking after me as much as I look after it.

Good luck with your purchase! (I'll keep an eye out! Check the Spotted Thread for a post!)

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
Just to chime in, I'm at 33k and still no valve check. All synthetic oil (honest), second set of sprockets and chain, 2nd set of plugs, 3rd set of tires, no issues whatsoever. Thing runs like new... just does its job day in/day out. No glitches, sputters, cutting out, rough idle, etc.

TAPnTX

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with proper maintenance it should last basically for ever. There are plenty of 100k mile bikes out there, even the little 250 ninja. I read that a guy put over 100k on one using just Havoline 10w40 car motor oil.

I rebuilt an 05 YZF 600R engine at 17k because the second gear was gone. The bike had been abused all of it's life, but was perfect inside. Still had crosshatch pattern on the cylinder walls.

I also had a friend with an 04 R6 that had over 50k track miles, living on the red line, and it was still running perfect, and had no issues.

Todd