High Mileage

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there

I have 95K on my 06. Runs good, except for the usual parts that wears out it has been a good running bike. I would however like to know how many miles I can expect out of my bike? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Doc

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's an impressive amount of miles. Unfortunately there isn't enough data - both from the broader market and your specific bike - to make that determination.

"How many miles I can expect out of my bike?"

At what point do you consider the bike to be beyond economic repair? Is an engine rebuild your last straw...or is it the next set of tires where you draw the line?
What are your compression values?
Do your valves continue to drift? They should have stopped @ 50k...but if they start moving again it's a bad sign

At 95K miles you are doing the right things...so just keep doing what you are currently doing. Is the bike good for 125K/150K/200K+....no one knows. And no one knows how much money you want to invest in to the machine to keep it performing at a reliable level that meets your needs.

Ben sIII

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's an impressive amount of miles. Unfortunately there isn't enough data - both from the broader market and your specific bike - to make that determination.

At what point do you consider the bike to be beyond economic repair? Is an engine rebuild your last straw...or is it the next set of tires where you draw the....
This is a great response, my last car got to a stage where a new set of tyres were worth more than the car and then it w as a hard call until it stared to misfire at which stage you really have to go repair little niggles or make a big investment in a replacement.
Many Fizzers will be getting to a similar stage where they are generally fine, but getting a replacement bike will be $$ and having that many miles on your bike will also make it hard to sell.
I have over 100K on mine, but km, and figure i'll just do general servicing etc and then just run it into the ground, looked at doing a trade in on it and was only offered $1k, so ended up just keeping it and collecting bikes instead...

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

At what point do you consider the bike to be beyond economic repair? Is an engine rebuild your last straw...or is it the next set of tires where you draw the line?
What are your compression values?
Do your valves continue to drift? They should have stopped @ 50k...but if they start moving again it's a bad sign

At 95K miles you are doing the right things...so just keep doing what you are currently doing. Is the bike good for 125K/150K/200K+....no one knows. And no one knows how much money you want to invest in to the machine to keep it performing at a reliable level that meets your needs.
Thank you for your reply, I'll just keeping on taking care of my baby. I have alot of mods.

Doc