What would you change on the FZ6?

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Actually, I've been thinking and I'd like them to add some small storage boxes to the flat parts of the fairing on either side. They are hollow underneath as far as I can tell, and it seems like the perfect place to add a little box with a lid (waterproof, of course) where one could store keys and a mobile phone.

bikerider

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, I've been thinking and I'd like them to add some small storage boxes to the flat parts of the fairing on either side. They are hollow underneath as far as I can tell, and it seems like the perfect place to add a little box with a lid (waterproof, of course) where one could store keys and a mobile phone.

That would be great. The FJRs have storage compartments there. :Sport:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an '07.

- A rear suspension that is linkage, not linear.
- A more adjustable fork, at least a preload knob, fork oil drain holes
- less of a "cat-eye" look to the head lights
- A wider variety of OEM accessories, fairings, etc.
- Less rise to the handle bar clamp, put the rise in the h-bar to I can change bars and customize my riding position easier
- side covers that are painted to match the rest of the body work, not a sticker

Other than that I am very, very impressed by our scoot.

driver145

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I am eventually going to install a radar detector under that little part of the fairing on either side (under the flat parts). It is sad right now; if I am in a hurry I use my car b/c it has the radar detector. It seems like a good spot because it will hide it from sticky fingers and keep it out of the way/weather. Also, you can detect radar (but not laser) through plastic just not metal.

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 mate, I would have liked the R6 in disguise lol.

I have a friend with an 07 R6 and i go riding with him all the time, My FZ6 can hold its own just fine, the only place the R6 starts to pull away is above about 120 but from 0 till then its neck and neck....I am SUPER happy with the power.......FYI ( the R6 along with all the other "sportbikes" only dyno about 105 wheel horse power )

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
Things I would change...
1. Slipper clutch
2. Hydraulic clutch
3. More aggressive rear sets (up and back). I really hate it when my pegs hit the deck

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site
1.handle bars
2.R1 style seat/exhaust
3.naked model for the US
4.more readily available aftermarket parts
5.swing arm

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Based on the 2008s and keeping the price point in mind --

-preload adjustment on the front forks

-relocation of the ignition (key hole)

-longer clutch slave lever

I also relaly want a radially mounted front brake lever but now you're getting out of the price range...

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1. Both headlights working as you would expect.
2. Move the battery under the seat so you do not have to dismantle the fairing to open the tank to get at it.
3. A powerpoint...after all it is supposed to be a touring bike as well.

taco

Reaction score
Visit site
1) more comfortable seat

2) lighter throttle effort

3) top gear indicator

4) engine identical to the r6 not just r6 based

schumacher62

Reaction score
Visit site
as my other bike has zero under seat storage, im quite content with that on the fz6. what i would change is:

a high beam flash, to let people know i am behind them and they should get out of the fast lane because i want to pass.

rear sets that are slightly adjustable.

an exhaust which is not wrapped in plastic.

a windscreen which does not trap dust under its nose.

optional heated grips and abs.

all blacked out metal, such as the rear sets, and the cheesy chrome where the clutch cable meets the clutch housing.

nice bike for the price. my main peeve is the high beam flash. its like i feel a basic safety feature is missing.

Rafael

Reaction score
Visit site
Tailchop,and European naked look.Love that Headlight,kind a looks like the Brutale,itcompliments the lines of the FZ.It will also be around 25 pounds lighter.Also lower the handelbar risers.

Jeremiah

Reaction score
Visit site
What I would change.
I like the stock exhaust, a lot. And the cheap plastic cover that nobody seems to like weighs and costs less than an aluminum cover. Plus the aluminum cover will transmit heat a lot faster. Your passenger might object.

x2

I like the sound, look and feel (read: lack of heat).

I'd add:
* Heated grips
* Taller / better windshield
* Cool little compartments in the fairing for added storage
* Volt meter
* TRUE dual headlights - can't tell you how disappointed I was when I drove it home and found out it was only alternating headlights *grumble*
* Naked chick
* 12V accessory plug
* Better tie-down points (the painted bitch-bars probably scratch easily)

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
x2

I like the sound, look and feel (read: lack of heat).

I'd add:
* Heated grips
* Taller / better windshield
* Cool little compartments in the fairing for added storage
* Volt meter
* TRUE dual headlights - can't tell you how disappointed I was when I drove it home and found out it was only alternating headlights *grumble*
* Naked chick
* 12V accessory plug
* Better tie-down points (the painted bitch-bars probably scratch easily)

where do you get the naked chick from? I need one of those......make that ten!
I also love the plastic on the exhaust and most aftermarket i have seen stick out too far. I painted my covers black but left the "gills" silver and it looks way better.
adjustable and stiffer suspension in the front is all i would change from the factory.
if you need more storage get a backpack. you can fix the headlights, and all of the other little stuff is kind of pointless i mean who really needs a compass? I thought the point was to get lost! and my grandpa has a compass you can screw to your dash so there!

Maybe a place to put a radar detector would be cool.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
my main peeve is the high beam flash. its like i feel a basic safety feature is missing.

C'mon, you can't be that lazy you just won't or can't rock the high beam switch on and off. Why do you think the high beam/low beam switch is a rocker type switch? Just for that purpose you stated... This feature is already on your bike....:thumbup:

Last edited:

DanG

Reaction score
Visit site
C'mon, you can't be that lazy you just won't or can't rock the high beam switch on and off. Why do you think the high beam/low beam switch is a rocker type switch? Just for that purpose you stated... This feature is already on your bike....:thumbup:

On my '04 (English version) there is a light flasher button at the top front of the switch gear... buy yourself an '04 and spend the money on a 'naked chick'!!:p:thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fully adjustable suspension and a much better seat.

All bikes should come with sliders by default and make them "look" like they belong there.

schumacher62

Reaction score
Visit site

noted. though i feel those who designed such a device, and those of us who use it properly would disagree. my thumb doesnt reach up to the high beam rocker switch without adjusting my grip or as safely as it would if it were a flash switch. the technique is two or three bursts of high beam, not just an on-off of the high (two or three times)

anyhow, its just a wish list. i respect your opinion. we have the bikes we have because we appreciate them. and we have this forum for the same reason. dont get your panties twisted over it.