What vehicles or other motorcycles have you raced your FZ6 against?

mr.nick705

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, Im just curious, I bought a 2008 FZ6 a few weeks ago. Im coming from a 1999 CBR600F4, and on youtube i always found it interesting to watch my bike race other cars, but there arent too many on there for the FZ6. So what have you raced, and how did you make out?!
Thanks, Nick

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I raced a 2009 ZX-6R for a couple of passes at the local drag strip. We were doing 1/8 mile drags and I got him every time. On the 1/4 mile though, I think he would have pulled ahead due to more HP and taller gears.

I no longer have the time slips, but I'll be doing it again next weekend. I'll also be facing a Kawi Z750 S, which shouldn't a problem considering it's power output is in the 70's compared to around 90 for the FZ6.

Last edited:

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Raced a Porsche Boxster, won.
Raced a R33 Twin Turbo GT-R, won.
Raced a Holden Maloo, won.
Raced a XR6 Turbo, won.
Raced a CB600F, won.
Raced a Gladius, won.
Raced a Harley Something-Boy, won.
Race a GS500 every other week... What do you think?

I don't think I've lost yet, but it's cause I've only had a supersport pull up beside me twice, and neither time was suitable for racing.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Couple of stock corvettes and a challenger when they first came out.

I also like having fun with ricer-onis. I'll go about half throttle, but with the moto gp tuck to egg them on, and then just leave them behind at my convenience. :D

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
I've raced a few mustangs on nitrous 1/8 mile dragstrip. I lost to one of them but its hard to beat a car that as a motor that cost more than my bike.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Couple of stock corvettes and a challenger when they first came out.

I also like having fun with ricer-onis. I'll go about half throttle, but with the moto gp tuck to egg them on, and then just leave them behind at my convenience. :D

Yeah, I love to do the same thing - but I rev it a bit, get them ready, then sit up like I'm in a chair, just match them through the lights, then just open it up, leaving them for dead, appearing as casual as possible so as to do the most damage to their ego as possible. Don't really know why cagers hate us though - outside of that I am a decent considerate rider :-D

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I was riding with a SV650S today. We got up to about 131mph and I noticed I was at 3/4 throttle and still in 5th so I tried to get him to go faster. Then I realized he was topped out, so I toed it up and went full throttle. I got to 144mph at 12.5k rpms and saw the stop sign about a mile ahead, and I slowed down to wait on the SV650 and then we both stopped to wait for our poor buddy on a GS500F.

The guy on the GS500 said he got it up to 120mph, but it took him all day to get there.

My poor bike is still cooling off. :D

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Jacobien

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess you want to know so that you don't go against a R1 and lose? I like going against 1000cc bikes, more into how you ride it, than what you ride... Here's what I've got so far:

1) Fireblade, beat him to 140km/h
2) BMW S1000rr, beat to 110km/h
3) Lambo Gallardo, beat to 180km/h (I KNOW, that thing moves!)
4) Tons of R6'es, beat to 200km/h (Especially my racer brother)
5) CBR600rr, beat to 200km/h
6) Nissan GTR, good match, would beat me to 300km/h (Obviously!)
7) BMW M3, smoked him. Higher top speed though.
8) Other, damn, lots of stuff!

Main thing is, I am crazy with my pull away. 12,000RPM drop the clutch to 3/4 and hang on!

Highest Top End ever achieved = 261km/h indicated. ( 246 km/h actual )

I've lost to:

1) A few fuel pumps
2) A Boeing 747
3) False neutral

PEACE

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
A 2007ish Mustang GT tried to race me from a light on the highway...He was a speck in my mirror in about 5 seconds.

That's it. Other D-bags have tried to race me...I just keep on riding casually and they piss off.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was riding with a SV650S today. We got up to about 131mph and I noticed I was at 3/4 throttle and still in 5th so I tried to get him to go faster. Then I realized he was topped out, so I toed it up and went full throttle. I got to 144mph at 12.5k rpms and saw the stop sign about a mile ahead, and I slowed down to wait on the SV650 and then we both stopped to wait for our poor buddy on a GS500F.

The guy on the GS500 said he got it up to 120mph, but it took him all day to get there.

My poor bike is still cooling off. :D

I'm sure I can speak on behalf of everyone who replied to this thread. When we raced, we did it in a controlled enviroment called a Drag Strip. Racing out on the streets is just plain reckless and very poor judgment. Way too many variables we've all seen the consequences on the news.

For $10, there is really no reason why nobody can't afford not to go. Yeah, that's how much it usally cost. Plus there is always medical available in case something were to go wrong, and you get an actual time slip for yourself and the wanker you raced against. Some even takes photos.
profilepic83_7.gif

Last edited:

Jacobien

Reaction score
Visit site
I sort-of agree. The thing is, as FIZZER6 mentioned, guys are always a commin' with their bikes tryin' to show how awesome they are. It is like in nature where to males fight to determine the pecking order.

So yes, it is better to do it on the drag strip. But what about the 99.99% of the other times when "D-bags" are a commin' with their bikes tryin'?

Really hard to resist, especially when I can see the guy uses muscle enhancements and just bougth his R6 with money he made from selling the stuff. (Very popular in Southern Africa)