What number is your adjustable shock set to?

What number is your adjustable shock set to?

• Total voters

jfz6

Not Here Enough
Premium Member
Reaction score
web.mac.com
This is a general question for everyday solo riding. I know people change it for for two up but I am interested in just you and your bike ( plus accessories ).

Also include your weight and height please and feel free to explain why you have it set to said number.

Thanks,
J.

I am not casting a vote - 'yet'
it is currently set to 3, but as mentioned in the other thread, I plan to play around with the setting a bit in the near future and I will vote based on the results.

I have to be honest I have not looked and it rides great with me solo or me and my slim girlfriend.

I will look tomorrow and vote.

Steve

I have mine set to 5. I am 6'2" 245lbs. Originaly it was set at 3 and when I would ride through a dip on the highway the softness of the spring would bounce me up off of the seat (highly unnerving @ 80mph) so I bumped it up to 4 that made it better. After a while my g/f wanted to ride on the back and the first time I left it at 4 and it seemed too soft so I bumped it again up to 5. I have left it there because I find it tolerable for solo and better for when we go two up.

Last edited:
I have mine set on 4 because it gives me an acceptable amount of sag for my riding style and weight (170lbs).

i weigh the same and I have also set it to 4 with my R6 forks.

Hey defy since you weight the same, you can help me here. What are your front fork settings? I have set everything at middle as I have not gotten to measuring my sag (need another person).

I can get away with the measuring stuff :rockon:

I voted '3' since I haven't made any changes to it at all, but I'm not 100% certain the first owner didn't make any adjustments.

I'm 6'1" tall and weigh 210 without gear. I'm going to bump mine up to at least 5 and then try that to see how it goes.

Im 6' and weigh about 14 stone and i have mine set at 5.I like to have the shock quite stiff,i find it corners better at speed.

I have it at 5 which is fine when I am loaded up.
At 175lbs + riding kit the back end can get interesting.
I think it needs to come down to 4 when unladen.

I got my shock modified. Now it goes to eleven.

Go to 11!

I'm 150# naked and dry. I know TMI.

I had mine stock, then read somewhere about others experiences in changing it.

I set it to 5 and it was a whole different bike in the corners :thumbup:

WHO KNEW?

I have decided to set mine on 4 for now and see how it does and then maybe move it up to 5. After wrecking it I am just a little concerned about jumping up to 5.

I'm set to 7 because I'm "big boned" and need the support. What can I say? I'm a great cook!

Back