What makes the FZ6 better than the rest?

steve7702

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

Im currently in the process of looking for a new bike and the FZ6 is top of the list, however the Suzuki GSR600 is close second with Kawasaki Z750 3rd.

What in your opinion makes the FZ6 the better bike? Try and sell it to me, im struggling to decide.

Cheers

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Comfort, price, power difference is really negligible. Yea, a 600 ss bike may beat you in straight line acceleration, but they won't be as comfy, and will have spent more money. The FZ is different looking which you may like. The bike is also of great quality and runs just fine on regular grade fuel. It also gets pretty good mileage, averaging between 45-55mpg for most riders who aren't throttle happy.

There is also this forum with all of us nuts on here ready to answer all your questions about it, or heckle you.

Hope you get the FZ!

S

sportrider

It may come down to personal preference. I like the quality of Yamaha, the looks of the FZ6. I won't tell you that the other bikes are piles (there not) but it really depends on what your looking for. the GSXR600(i think thats what you meant) is a full on repli racer the Z750 is similar to the FZ as a naked or UJM. you didn't say what your riding now so it's hard to compare. the FZ6 does everything well from a daily commuter to a weekend canyon warrior, with the right equipment I'd say touring isn't out of the question either. highlights are strong engine, good brakes, comfortable riding position, good fuel mileage/range, fuel gauge, value, center stand, 26000 miles between valve adjustments. the negatives are limited under-seat storage(think pack of cigarettes small) mirrors get a little buzzy past 90MPH, aftermarket exhaust is pricey.(but as more company's start making it, it will come down)
so like I said at the beginning, it may come down to personal preference. if you do decide on the FZ6 you will be happy with it.

W

wrightme43

Hey Steve. My name is Steve.

You like motorcycles?
If you buy this FZ6 today, You will be happy, and people will love you. You want people to love you right? You want to be happy right?
Sign here
X

LOL

You will be happy with the FZ or the Z. Its up to you man.
We have a good community, and its a easy bike to work on. Quality parts, forks could be better, but at the price point they are what they are. Its the same on all the bikes in its class.

H

HavBlue

The one thing that makes the FZ6 better than all the rest is simple, it's the one you bought because you and you alone thought it was best. We could paper race all day long and go through pages upon pages of maintenance issues, insurance issues and all sorts of other things but it will still come down to you and to me that's what counts over and above all else.

I will say this, you can buy a number of bikes from Aprilia to Zundapp but find me another support forum as friendly and helpful as this one. That says alot about the bike and the people that own it. So, go getcha one of them faster blue ones and pull up a keyboard because this bunch around here is a real hoot.....

Charlie.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

Im currently in the process of looking for a new bike and the FZ6 is top of the list, however the Suzuki GSR600 is close second with Kawasaki Z750 3rd.

What in your opinion makes the FZ6 the better bike? Try and sell it to me, im struggling to decide.

Cheers
Mate with all due respect. We dont need to sell you 5hit. We have already chosen the bikes we want, You need to visit a dealer to sell you the bike. I am going to tell you that the FZ6 is the dogs nuts. Now you have a biased opinion. What do you want from the bike as it will easily compete and in some areas piss all over the models your thinking about.
The fact that you have joined this best forum is already telling you that your mind is made up. So go off and get one. Join the crew and start living the dream. Alternativley use the serch button and see how many times your question has been posted.
I look forward to hearing about you new purchase.

Nel

Welcome

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
this forum is all you need to know about to get the FZ over those other ones.

I bought the FZ because Yamaha makes the best bikes on the marker IMO and the FZ is the perfect balance of price, comfort, power, and capability... Best all around bike EVER!!!

Andyjo

Reaction score
Visit site
this forum is all you need to know about to get the FZ over those other ones.

I bought the FZ because Yamaha makes the best bikes on the marker IMO and the FZ is the perfect balance of price, comfort, power, and capability... Best all around bike EVER!!!
Comfort? You have an after market seat don't you? :p

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
What are you looking for in a bike?

Our bike isn't the fastest, lightest, or hawtest looking...but if you want a bike that does it all, this is it. If you're new to biking, this is the best I4 engined bike you can start with (I don't think anyone would dispute that since most bikes people compare us to are the Ninja 650 and SV650).

If you're starting off, get anythign used so you can feel safe crashing it. If you've been around, and need something for many occassions, then this is it. If you have only one purpose, tell us what that is.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Well said PCH. Like some others said as well, it's all about what you're going to use the bike for and your perspective in general.

With that said though, the FZ6 is an amazing value regardless of how you look at it.

cobalt

Cobalt '08
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks, Power, Weight, Capabilities, Price, Attention to Details,
I can race my buddies' ninjas, and tour for 300 miles, no probs

BEST ALL-AROUND BIKE !!

I too was considering an SV650, also a good bike
but the FZ6 had more personality.

Whatever you buy -- ENJOY !!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This forum makes it the best!

You're not going to get this kind of support from other bikes! :rockon:

Seriously, price, looks, perfomance, insurance rates, MPG, performance, mods, performance, comfort, performance, low maintenance, performance, and performance. That 'bout covers it! :D

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
YO! DITTO THAT! :thumbup: Nothing like walking out with the title in-hand! :D

Isn't that a GREAT feeling? I saved up my whole deployment to buy "a" bike. I was planning to get a more expensive bike, $10K to $12K, but when I saw what a great value and price the FZ was I couldn't pass it up! The lack of payments allows me to be a modding FOOL! :thumbup: