What kind of bike to move on to next?

Scott C

Reaction score
Visit site
I know I'm going to catch a bucket of $#!** for this but im getting kinda board with my 07 FZ6 after 7000miles. I think that part of the problem is when I ride with friends they all have 1000cc+ bikes. After riding there bikes I love the sound and torque they have. Ive ridden a few of theres including 07 FZ1, 07 Hayabusa, 06 Honda ST1300 ABS, and an 02ish BMW 1200 ex police bike.

In comparison every one of them rode smoother and had better softer seats on them. This is probably due to a much better adjustible suspension than our bikes. I bought the yamaha comfert gel seat for mine but its no better than the stock seat I took off other than looks.

I plan on riding a friends 07 suzuki SV1000s, 06 GSXR1000, and 04 ZX-10. Im not sure I want to be crunched up on a full crotch rocket. I like the upright seating position of the FZ bikes but could probably get used to a regular crotch rocket. I really like the looks and sound of the new Buell 1125R but dont want to buy a bike in it first year of production.

Any one have any suggestions on what type of bike to look into getting in 4-8 months once mine is paid for. I would like to purchase it new and stay around $12000.00 or less. I figure that will give me the same payment I have now after I sell mine.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know I'm going to catch a bucket of $#!** for this but im getting kinda board with my 07 FZ6 after 7000miles. I think that part of the problem is when I ride with friends they all have 1000cc+ bikes. After riding there bikes I love the sound and torque they have. Ive ridden a few of theres including 07 FZ1, 07 Hayabusa, 06 Honda ST1300 ABS, and an 02ish BMW 1200 ex police bike.

In comparison every one of them rode smoother and had better softer seats on them. This is probably due to a much better adjustible suspension than our bikes. I bought the yamaha comfert gel seat for mine but its no better than the stock seat I took off other than looks.

I plan on riding a friends 07 suzuki SV1000s, 06 GSXR1000, and 04 ZX-10. Im not sure I want to be crunched up on a full crotch rocket. I like the upright seating position of the FZ bikes but could probably get used to a regular crotch rocket. I really like the looks and sound of the new Buell 1125R but dont want to buy a bike in it first year of production.

Any one have any suggestions on what type of bike to look into getting in 4-8 months once mine is paid for. I would like to purchase it new and stay around $12000.00 or less. I figure that will give me the same payment I have now after I sell mine.

I will try not to give you a ration of $hit...

I have always found the 04-06 R1 VERY comfortable and surprisingly upright for a 1000 cc super sport. and then you can even keep it in the family. Good luck with your endeavors...

Scott C

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks I really do like the looks and sound of the R1. I have a few not so close friends that have them. I just need to con one of them into letting me try it out.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks I really do like the looks and sound of the R1. I have a few not so close friends that have them. I just need to con one of them into letting me try it out.

If you can find a dealer with one of them leftover or even used go and just sit on one, I am not sure how the new design is yet but if i get to it first i will certainly let you know.

ManicFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
OK. Now it's time to catch Hell! Bored?! With an FZ6?!:mad: Mine scares me at least once every day!!
OK, thats enough. I agree with the other guys. With some of the bigger bikes you still have an advantage in the turns. But I don't think that's a problem on an R1 or FZ1. The are known for their flickability. Good luck, Dude!:thumbup:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No advice or ****, but I do envy you that you've have so many riding friends with a big selection of bikes for you to try! :thumbup:

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
im in the same boat as you, although im sticking with the 600's. i like the weight and feel of them. for me tho UPGRADEing to a Daytona 675=sexy!

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How about the Triumph Speed Triple:
The Speed Triple

5_29_09_07_12_07_23.jpg

fudge_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha FJR for me and the women. it is good for 2 people to ride and it has alot of power. I seen a guy cat walk one once. but I will keep the FZ6 for me to play around on.

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
One bike I was considering was an SV1000S before I decided to go ahead & get the FZ6 (cause 130mph is fast enough)!
And was considering the aftermarket bars to raise the ride height up from the clip-on OEM types cause I didn't want to be hunched down at my age! Check out: Heli Modified, Inc.; LSL Superbike Handlebar Kits & Heli Modified, Inc. These bar kits raise the bars up & some even bring them back toward you. They supply everything needed - even extended cables, etc. They all use their own bars - so the OEM clip-ons are discarded.
Just some info. to consider.
Bill

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The SV is a great bike and should prove to be fairly comfy with the raised up bars, my wifes SV650 with the clip-ons hurts my back after a while, but the raised bars may help that.

Bryan

Reaction score
Visit site
I am very intrigued by the suzuki b-king, upright standard with a non detuned hayabusa 1300

I saw the B-king at the dealer.. looks way different. Looks very heavy. I wanted to sit on it, but was scared to. Didn't know if I would be able to get it off the kick-stand.