What is the best mod?

What is the best Mod?

• Total voters

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay I'm actually on real computer so I finally saw the poll.

I voted R6 forks, why? Because the stock ones are that bad. With the R6 fork, whether your a speedy dude, tourer, or a communter you get a much better ride, comfort and performance. Yes it takes a little time and some $$$, but they are well worth the effort.

The only problem with this mod is it will make the rear shock feel even worse....

In no particular order here's what I'd do, and did.

1) Good tires
2) R6 Fork
3) SS Brakelines
4) Ohlins or Penske Rear Shock
5) Re-flash the ECU with a flash from ECUnleashed (I've done this on my FZ1, very nice, fixes all of the issues with the performance of a custom tune)

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
What am i looking for as far as a front sprocket?

I have a JT sprocket. Stock sprocket is 16 tooth, so you want a 15 tooth. This is the one that I have: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/JT-Sprockets-Front-Sprocket-JTF580-15/dp/B001AVU2NI]Amazon.com: JT Sprockets Front Sprocket - 15T , Material: Steel JTF580.15: Automotive[/ame]

I would also get a speedohealer or speedodrd because it will be 11.1% off. I don't like to do math when I ride.
I have this: SpeedoDRD

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay I'm actually on real computer so I finally saw the poll.

I voted R6 forks, why? Because the stock ones are that bad. With the R6 fork, whether your a speedy dude, tourer, or a communter you get a much better ride, comfort and performance. Yes it takes a little time and some $$$, but they are well worth the effort.

The only problem with this mod is it will make the rear shock feel even worse....

In no particular order here's what I'd do, and did.

1) Good tires
2) R6 Fork
3) SS Brakelines
4) Ohlins or Penske Rear Shock
5) Re-flash the ECU with a flash from ECUnleashed (I've done this on my FZ1, very nice, fixes all of the issues with the performance of a custom tune)

You dont have to go quite that far, the FZ6 works work fine with an Ohlins rear shock, and a set of decent Ohlins springs matched to the riders weight, and set up to match up with rear shock...

You just gotta set it up right.

:thumbup:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Performance increase for the price, the best mod is hands down an HID bi-xenon projector retrofit.

You can get the Morimoto mini projector kit for about $250, do the install yourself and have 3-4 times better lighting at night. There is nothing else on your bike you can improve by 300%+ for $250.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe its just me but i dont consider tires a mod but good ones are extremely important. but heres my list

- Yamaha Touring Screen
- SW Motech/Bags Connection "Blaze" Saddlebags (when they're of theres no racks or anything)
- But the Headlight mods are probably the most important because turning right at night is unnerving as all get out

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I voted "aftermarket exhausts" some time ago.
But if I could redo it now, I'd choose "other", as I absolutely LOVE my Morimoto Mini projectors on my naked!! :cheer:

Grtz,

Degake

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
R6 forks. . . :D

Once you've ridden them, you'll turn back for the right road 1000 times! :BLAA:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There are tons of mods out there, but which is the best?

I guess the purpose of this thread, would be to help people make the best decision as to where to start modding their bike. So I suppose please put an approximate price and necessary skill level to perform it yourself.

What are your thoughts?...I'm sure I'm missing some choices here as well so don't feel handcuffed to the list LOL

Personally, I think the best mod is the -1 sprocket...most bang for the buck.
Different foot rests, I got the LIB aluminum inserts and the difference they make to the handling of the bike particularly in the wet is brilliant.
On the stock rests my feet were constantly slipping off.

Nelly

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
This has to be up there with the best!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCvGGuN8a9k]2011 Turbospoke - The Bicycle Exhaust System - YouTube[/ame]

CincoBoy

Tiny Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited: