Delkevic - Best bang for the buck exhaust?

twobob1

Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck with it bro hope the new pipes go on ok and you get enjoyment from them. Let us know how you get on. Like others have said I wouldn't mess with the settings unless you have a dyno to see how your actually effecting the running. I have a k&n air filter and debaffled scorps and it runs fine on idle and no back firing on decel. Some say I shouldn't have the k&n and if you have it with a aftermarket pipe you should think about a controller but mine runs fine from what I can tell. Would love to de-cat but I feel that really would be pushing it changing the pressure dramatically.

MIJ_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Got it installed last night. I am so happy with it! Very nice authoritative deep growl at idle. No rasp as the RPMs rise. Road it about 10 miles last night to my buddies house and had a smile the whole way. About 7 people there last night, most riders a few were not, and they all agreed it sounded fantastic. My buddy road it around the block and I got to hear it in the distance. Loud yes but it sounds so good and deep that it's not that annoying high pitched raspy loud that is just offensive. Left the baffles in. As it sits right now it's walking a fine line of too loud but it is exactly what I wanted. I do not do long rides, and I am treating this bike as a toy if you will. Passed a handful of Police last night with no problems. I do not feel I need ear plugs, the window noise on the helmet is louder unless it turn my head or get on it.

I do notice though I was shifting around 4-5k vs higher on the stock exhaust. I can see it being too loud for some but it's perfect for me. The Y mid pipe could have had a bit better worksmanship, one of the ends was a tab bit higher than the other. The two mufflers and not perfectly centered, I think I'm the only one who would notice. Fitment was very tricky. Took me about 3-4 hours to install but I was taking my time and enjoying it. Overall very high quality, especially the cans. Exceeded my expectations there for sure. Here are some photos, thanks again everyone for the advice :)

20180728_110320.jpg

20180728_110332.jpg

20180728_110359.jpg

20180728_110408.jpg

20180728_110419.jpg

20180728_110433.jpg

20180728_110445.jpg

20180728_110459.jpg

20180728_110508.jpg

20180728_110516.jpg

* Bike is leaning on the kickstand. Looks like one is way higher than the other - it's not that dramatic.

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrates, knew you'd like ANY aftermarket pipes. :)

I'm kinda surprised it's "borderline loud" with the DB killers in...

You'll also be surprised at how much more traffic "knows" your there without seeing you, a definite plus in my book.
It's rare I use the horn if stuck behind a cage not moving (distracted). A lil rev usually gets them moving.

I later bought and put DB killers in my Scorps and the bike sounded STOCK again. They got yanked before the end of the driveway.
From your description, yours sounds the same as mine (But I DON'T have the silencers).

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Got it installed last night. I am so happy with it! Very nice authoritative deep growl at idle. No rasp as the RPMs rise. Road it about 10 miles last night to my buddies house and had a smile the whole way. About 7 people there last night, most riders a few were not, and they all agreed it sounded fantastic. My buddy road it around the block and I got to hear it in the distance. Loud yes but it sounds so good and deep that it's not that annoying high pitched raspy loud that is just offensive. Left the baffles in. As it sits right now it's walking a fine line of too loud but it is exactly what I wanted. I do not do long rides, and I am treating this bike as a toy if you will. Passed a handful of Police last night with no problems. I do not feel I need ear plugs, the window noise on the helmet is louder unless it turn my head or get on it.

I do notice though I was shifting around 4-5k vs higher on the stock exhaust. I can see it being too loud for some but it's perfect for me. The Y mid pipe could have had a bit better worksmanship, one of the ends was a tab bit higher than the other. The two mufflers and not perfectly centered, I think I'm the only one who would notice. Fitment was very tricky. Took me about 3-4 hours to install but I was taking my time and enjoying it. Overall very high quality, especially the cans. Exceeded my expectations there for sure. Here are some photos, thanks again everyone for the advice :)

Now you know why I wear earplugs-just to ensure I minimize hearing damage- and why I put i nthe extra glass and s/steel- keeps Mr Plod off my back!
glad yr happy w the cans!

twobob1

Reaction score
Visit site
Great that you got them on and are happy with them, like you I took my time and enjoyed putting my cans on. Like you said no-one but you will ever notice the small misalignment. I do like the aggressive looks of the delks. Happy revving!