What is the best mod?

What is the best Mod?

• Total voters

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
There are tons of mods out there, but which is the best?

I guess the purpose of this thread, would be to help people make the best decision as to where to start modding their bike. So I suppose please put an approximate price and necessary skill level to perform it yourself.

What are your thoughts?...I'm sure I'm missing some choices here as well so don't feel handcuffed to the list LOL

Personally, I think the best mod is the -1 sprocket...most bang for the buck.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im thinking from a safety perspective, so I say Motogiro or BD43's duel headlight mod. But a close 2nd would be mirror extenders.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Best mod is any mod that puts a even bigger smile on your face :D

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
While I agree whatever mod makes you happy, we often don't know if that mod will make us happy until after we have purchased it.

Example, I've bought a cut down windscreen and a gothrottle thing...I wish I hadn't bought either one. However, I'm in love with my -1 sprocket, speedohealer and Corbin seat.

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
Crash pads should be the very first mod in my oppinion. Then new tires, fz1 bars, break lines, and after you did the safety-comfort mods you can put levers, mirrors, exhaust and all that...

kidfazer56

Reaction score
Visit site
What sprocket do you usually change the front or rear? i have heard if you change the front you dont have to get a new chain but with the rear you do. anyone got any advice?

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I consider Motogiro or BD43's dual headlight mod a necessity, not a mod. What a difference it made for my early morning commute!

And the cool factor, of course! :BLAA:

Caesar

Reaction score
Visit site
I consider Motogiro or BD43's dual headlight mod a necessity, not a mod. What a difference it made for my early morning commute!

And the cool factor, of course! :BLAA:

I vote dual head lights too... no more "dude you have a light out"

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
What sprocket do you usually change the front or rear? i have heard if you change the front you dont have to get a new chain but with the rear you do. anyone got any advice?

-1 in the front. You do not need a new chain, but you'll need a speedo healer unless you want your speedometer to be off.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Best performance Mod : PC3 with custom dyno map, coupled with aftermarket high performance air filter, and a set of after market pipes...gives you almost 10% increased HP and torque, and sort's out fueling better than OEM.

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The billet top triple with carbon fibre fat bars. Looks sick and is way more comfortable.

I will second this, great set up for those that want comfort, and something very stylish, especially the Gass, Special parts billet top clamp, looks super trick!

:thumbup:

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the most important thing is Frame Sliders; I installed mine and 3 days later i dropped it in the driveway and it saved me hundred's of $ best money to date i have invested on the bike... cost: maybe 50$

dual headlight mod is a must as well... cost: maybe 5$

personal preference really on anything after the first two...

next would have to be a puig double bubble windscreen; because the stock screen caused severe helmet buffetting and this channelled the air over my shoulders... cost: 50-75$

fender eliminator to clean up the looks and its cheap... cost: with aftermarket exhaust free, otherwise 50$

then K&N filter and full exhaust (carbonfiber cans cut down heat in rear) for performance and better gas mileage... cost: 400-800$

shorty pazzo levers... cost: 100$ lifetime replacement for broken or crashed

better tires after stockers wear out are a given... cost: depends on brand/type

a good set of touring luggage whether it be hard or soft luggage i now have both and it is very handy if you commute/take any length of a trip... cost: 50$ for soft bags each, ex. shad 46L topcase for 300$ w/rack

grip warmers if you do all weather riding... cost: 40$ for elements and switch

upgraded suspension is nice if you are not yamaha's stock weight target of 165lbs... rider cost: 100$ up front 250$ rear

Best money upgrade wise ever spent was a Trackday hands down helped me become a better more fluid rider than any performance gain ever could... cost: 100$ a day depending on track prices vary

Last edited: