What is the average age of FZ6 rider?

What is the average age of FZ6 rider?

• Total voters
S

sportrider

I voted on the poll months ago and thought i would put up a post. My birthday was nov. 1st and i turned a ripe old 24. I also have a son about to be born in the next couple weeks. Even with all the things going on in my life now, house mortgage, car payments, ect. it makes me feel good that i still got 40 years of riding at least to look forward to.

Just think some of you guys are old enough to be my father or grandfather......:D

Be safe and have fun!
LOL thats good!!!!

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
yeah.... we are just a bunch of Geezer's

I routinely hammer whippersnappers like you on bicycle in the woods....

there may come a day when you realize age is just a number.... that is assuming you live long enough.

here is a good one for you to ponder---- I have been riding a motorcycle nearly twice as long as you are old (within two years) -- for you who do not do math well... that is 46 years of riding:eek:

ride safe.... and remember

" Aging is inevitable -- maturity is a choice--- there is no future is getting old"

J

jsteinb95

there may come a day when you realize age is just a number.... that is assuming you live long enough.

here is a good one for you to ponder---- I have been riding a motorcycle nearly twice as long as you are old (within two years) -- for you who do not do math well... that is 46 years of riding:eek:

" Aging is inevitable -- maturity is a choice--- there is no future is getting old"

SO.....you started riding when you were 30? lol....j/k ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

bcutter

Reaction score
Visit site
i was stopped at an intersection parking lot this weekend. when a Suzuki SV 6saw me and stopped by. I hadn't taken off my helmet yet and he was excited to see someone else on a sport-bike, since there aren't too many around in the rural areas. As I took off my helmet,you could see the look on his face,:( when he realized that I wasn't 25 like him.(I'm 57) after I said that we should get together sometime, he proceeded to tell me that this is his play bike, he races his GXR and loves to go fast. I took the hint. Hey, I may not be fast, but I AM old, and you're not!:Flash:
Being a member of HSTA- I like to ride "The Pace" ; spirited,not stupid:rockon:

Bill

S

sportrider

i was stopped at an intersection parking lot this weekend. when a Suzuki SV 6saw me and stopped by. I hadn't taken off my helmet yet and he was excited to see someone else on a sport-bike, since there aren't too many around in the rural areas. As I took off my helmet,you could see the look on his face,:( when he realized that I wasn't 25 like him.(I'm 57) after I said that we should get together sometime, he proceeded to tell me that this is his play bike, he races his GXR and loves to go fast. I took the hint. Hey, I may not be fast, but I AM old, and you're not!:Flash:
Being a member of HSTA- I like to ride "The Pace" ; spirited,not stupid:rockon:

Bill
his statement alone says alot about his youth (inexperience) I never count out the "old timers" most of those guys can hand me my a$$ in the twisties.
I think riding is a sport of attrition, it takes many years to gain the skills and experience to be fast, anyone can be a throttle jockey. it takes experience to be smooth, and smooth is fast.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

And energy is wasted on the young lol

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am 27.

Also as far as age goes, i work at the local race track during the summer as a cornerworker and i know for a fact the fastest guys that race are late 40's to early 50's. I was surprised when i saw them all come back into the pits and take their helmets off. But i can only hope to still be riding and riding at that level in 20-30 years

2X80MPH

62 ... been riding 48 yrs. (sportbikes) My new FZ 6 will be my first "upright"! :Flash:

2X80MPH

Triumphs, BSA's, Norton's and others had made there way to our shores. A few Asian bikes such as Jawa would have been classified as "sport bikes" too! Hope that helps ! GOOD QUESTION !

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after
the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten!" :thumbup:

2X80MPH

Thanks Mike!
If you weren't on a Harley (I've only ridden one) ... back in the 50's, then just about everything else was thought of as "sport riding"!
My wife wants me out of the road race/canyon scene here in So Cal. So we will be taking some long two-up rides on the new FZ!
Take care and Merry Christmas!

H

HavBlue

Triumphs, BSA's, Norton's and others had made there way to our shores. A few Asian bikes such as Jawa would have been classified as "sport bikes" too! Hope that helps ! GOOD QUESTION !

No they wouldn't. The term "sportbike" wasn't even thought of yet. At the time, muscle bikes of that era were considered standards and neat little terms like 'UJM" became a staple here in the States. Arguably, the magnificent 1948 Vincent Black Shadow could easily be considered the world's first superbike topping out at a blistering 120mph which was very fast for the time. Twenty years later at the 1968 Tokyo Motorcycle Show Honda introduced a bike that literally took the world of motorcycling by surprise when they introduced the CB 750-4. Again, not a sportbike but a standard and clearly classified as a superbike. The CB 750-4 was probably the world's first user friendly superbike as well.

In terms relative to a true sportbike with racing DNA there can be only one considered to be first, the 1983 Honda VF 750 Interceptor. In 1983 if you were a "sportbike" rider there was one bike for you, the Interceptor. Granted, there were full bodied bikes like the MV Augusta 750 America however, the heritage wasn't racing and the bike went for around $6,000 USD in an era when the CB 750-4 and Kawasaki Z1 were going for under $2,000 USD. Make no mistake, there were a number of fast bikes like the 3 cylinder 2-strokes from Kawasaki and the Hesketh V1000 from across the pond. However, sportbikes truly came into their own in the early 1980's when full bodoed bikes started showing up on dealer showroom floors. At that point an era was born.....

2X80MPH

Listen friend, I don't feel like splitting hairs. The statement below sums up the point I was trying to make! I joined this site to meet some new people; not to get nit picked every time I make a post! Grow up !

** If you weren't on a Harley (I've only ridden one) ... back in the 50's, then just about everything else was thought of as "sport riding"! **

H

HavBlue

Listen friend, I don't feel like splitting hairs. The statement below sums up the point I was trying to make! I joined this site to meet some new people; not to get nit picked every time I make a post! Grow up !

** If you weren't on a Harley (I've only ridden one) ... back in the 50's, then just about everything else was thought of as "sport riding"! **

It was never meant to be nit picking and I am sorry if you took it that way. My response was to the use of the term "sportbike" that hadn't been developed yet and it hadn't (your post from 11:04). Therefore how could something have been classified in a manner that simply didn't exist? Now, I own a Harley but do not fall within that Harley life style as I own a number of other bikes too. Heck, back in the 60's riding a step through Honda 90 could have been considered "sport riding." History is history and it needs to be nit picked to be right; otherwise it is wrong. I won't even begin to respond to the "grow up."

S

sportrider

It was never meant to be nit picking and I am sorry if you took it that way. My response was to the use of the term "sportbike" that hadn't been developed yet and it hadn't (your post from 11:04). Therefore how could something have been classified in a manner that simply didn't exist? Now, I own a Harley but do not fall within that Harley life style as I own a number of other bikes too. Heck, back in the 60's riding a step through Honda 90 could have been considered "sport riding." History is history and it needs to be nit picked to be right; otherwise it is wrong. I won't even begin to respond to the "grow up."
OK GUYS, LETS KEEP THINGS FRIENDLY HERE... while it's true the term "sportbike" was coined in the 80's, I think we can agree on the way 2X80 was interpreting its use. I consider the old "dustbin fairing" bikes of the old to be early sportbikes even though they predate the Sportbike heyday of the 80's

H

HavBlue

OK GUYS, LETS KEEP THINGS FRIENDLY HERE... while it's true the term "sportbike" was coined in the 80's, I think we can agree on the way 2X80 was interpreting its use. I consider the old "dustbin fairing" bikes of the old to be early sportbikes even though they predate the Sportbike heyday of the 80's

Agreed, interpretation can mean many things to many people. The team bikes of yesteryear could be considered the forerunner of todays naked sportbike. However, the true sportbike nut would argue that our FZ6 or the FZ1, Z1000, Z750 and so on are not sportbikes. Rather, these folks term them sport touring machines. Things used to be so simple and now we have numerous terms where at one time we had few.

S

sportrider

I understand your point, however Yamaha (and my insurance company) have the nakeds and full replica racers lumped into the same category "super sports". if someone asks me I say I own a sportbike.
:Sport: