What is the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for the 2008 FZ6? Any articles on the 2008?

wick001

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm wondering what the 2008 FZ6 does the 0-60 and 1/4 mile in?

I have the black one, so it's probably faster! hah.

Can this bike compete with a early 2000's cbr 600rr on the street? (or any other 600 for that matter?)

Thanks

W

wrightme43

Hi, copy and paste the end of your question into the search box (above right).

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
wrightme has a pretty good link already about the subject , if you want quicker answers you can check that link of course....

i beleive the 1/4 times are varying from 11.8 secs to late 12 's
i have a 0-177 km/h video of my 07 FZ6 and the 0-100km/h is around 3.17 secs

i see that you are from MI , im planning to attend couple of Milan Dragways test and tune wednesday nights as soon as the weather cooperates....it seems like it rains every wednesday so far....if you wanna get together and try'em out let me know...

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey wick001, how tall are you? Just wondering seeing that with your street racing attitude we might as well go ahead and order you a pine box. Please don't be dumb enough to race other bikes (or cars) on the street.... Find a track for that stuff... Ride safe... stay alive and keep insurance costs down...:thumbup:

wick001

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not looking to race bikes on the actual street... I just have some people saying that their other sport 600's with fairings are far superior to my new Naked Raven FZ6.

Just wanted to know some proven specs on the bike.

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't see you write anywhere in your question about street racing ( Iam assuming that "on the street" means non race prep bike). Some people on this forum think it is their duty to mother people. Threads about safety are good, very important and usually a good read but things like that just make people more determined to be silly on their bikes.

Anyways I think the FZ6 should keep up fairly close or there abouts with 600 supersports from that era since the engine is from an R6 around that time. Power figures seem to be about there anyways

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm wondering what the 2008 FZ6 does the 0-60 and 1/4 mile in?

I have the black one, so it's probably faster! hah.

Can this bike compete with a early 2000's cbr 600rr on the street? (or any other 600 for that matter?)

Thanks
My friend has an R6 and another friend has a firestorm. They are all very close at 40 - 70 mph. As stated it depends on the rider. My R6 friend is very quick on the straights and cautious in the corners and my VTR buddy is very good in the corners.
I am an average rider and can keep up with both.

Nelly

H

HavBlue

I'm not looking to race bikes on the actual street... I just have some people saying that their other sport 600's with fairings are far superior to my new Naked Raven FZ6.

Too Funny. I learned a long time ago that people who spend their time paper racing as opposed to riding are the ones I really don't want to ride with because they have a tendency to do really dumb things. In the end, it really doesn't matter what they say or think because the bike isn't theres. It's your bike and if you think their opinion has merit, sell the FZ6 and buy the one they are saying is better.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
At the risk of repeating an oft-spoken mantra....It's the rider, not the bike. ;)
I remember years ago (gawd...I never thought I'd hear myself say that :eek: ) when the Late Great Mike Hailwood was accused by certain "club" racers of winning purely because he was riding factory Honda's.
I watched him take up the challenge (was it Oulton Park?) when he parked his Honda 500-4 (and his 297-6), climbed aboard a borrowed Manx Norton and thrashed the field in the 500cc event. That silenced the critics once and for all (except for Mike Duff in later years, iirc :rolleyes:). Hailwood was a gifted genius of a rider.
Don't let the 600cc clip-on and rear-set "sport bike" riders intimidate you. The FZ6 is more than capable of holding its own with most of them if you learn to ride it properly and make good use of that WONDERFUL engine.
You have nothing to prove. ;)

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site

In the performance area the fz6 is not in the same ballpark as a supersport bike.

Supersport bike (r6)
1.Aggressive riding position
2.120hp
3.Fully adjustable front suspenssion
4.Variable velocity stacks
5.Designed for the racetrack in mind

FZ6
1.Laid back riding position
2.95hp
3.non-adjustable suspenssion
4.Designed with comfort and ergonomics in mind

The list could be a lot longer. The supersports are designed to race and handle just like their motoGP relatives. The FZ6 is designed to get you to and from work. The fz is fast enough for most everybody but not fast at all when comparing it to a supersport bike. Comparing riders is a different story. I have seen people on ninja 250s outrun liter bikes in the turns.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Just out of curiosity....do you feel that this member will bother posting here again after all these kind replies? So, he may lack experience. We all did at some point

I do not disagree with all you people but jeez, you are in attack mode....

wick001

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been riding for 10 years. As I said in a previous thread... I’ve owned these bikes in this order.
1983 Honda Ascott VT500, 1990 Yamaha Radian, 1994 Honda Magna, 2000 Kawasaki ZRX-1100, 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 800, 2003 Suzuki SV1000s.

As you can see, all these bikes are not screamers, and I like the standard look. I’ve been used to the midrange power band, and I always wanted a screamer 600. I had an opportunity to ride a ZX-6r, totally different feeling. No power from 0-6000rpm, then you hit 8000 to redline and it just screams. It was awesome, but the riding position was horrible for me.

I just wanted to know some simple 1/4 mile & 0-60 times for the FZ6, because i'm still breaking the bike in, kept it under 7000rpm. I hope it feels like a 1999 ZX-6r or I will be dissapointed.

W

wrightme43

Hey man, I promise I am not trying to attack you. I have just posted the info about 10 different times in 10 different threads.

Here is a copy and paste of my best times. The bike is better than me, (that I have posted alot too.)LOL but here they are.

r/t .180
60' 2.165
330' 5.483
1/8th 8.054 @ 93.39 mph
1000' 10364
1/4 12.355 @112.81

and skipping all the b.s. on the other one
12.346 @ 111.73
r/t .098 almost but not quite a redlight.

Full gear, full fuel, lowered tire pressure, night time, very very hot that night.
Never spun a tire once. Did almost flip the bike on my last run. I just let the clutch out to fast at way to many rpm.

Bikes best is supposed to be 11.3 in 1/4

0-60 I dont know off hand but if you search it will be on the site. I know I have posted it.

type drag race or
drag strip
or testing into search.