~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
Does riding it to work for the first time in a week count?? Stupid back pain. Surprisingly the car hurts it more than the bike, aside from getting on and off it.

Adjusted idle and chain tension too.

Final - did you ever find somethig to cover your wires? I was wondering if that shrink tubing stuff would work or of the heat of the exhaust would melt it.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Does riding it to work for the first time in a week count?? Stupid back pain. Surprisingly the car hurts it more than the bike, aside from getting on and off it.

Adjusted idle and chain tension too.

Final - did you ever find somethig to cover your wires? I was wondering if that shrink tubing stuff would work or of the heat of the exhaust would melt it.

Funny you should ask. No one looks up there but me so, I opted to "Ride and Be Happy" I'll take care of that this winter. I need to extend the wires and make better tail tidy, add a brighter plate light and that should cover the tail.

Grainger has a couple items....
TECHFLEX Sleeving, 3/4 In Heat Resistant, Red, 5 Ft - Wire and Cable Protection - 2RLY4|FIN0.75RD5 - Grainger Industrial Supply
Sleeving, 3/4 In Heat, Abrasion & Moisture Resistant, Color Red, Dia Range 0.630 To 0.750 In, Inside Dia 0.75 In, Length 5 Ft, Material of Construction Silicone Coated Fiberglass, Temp Range -94F To 500 F, Wall Thickness 0.08 In

>> Kinda spendy tho! Something like that should do the trick but in black.

TECHFLEX Techflex(TM), Sleeving, 1/2In Dia, 50Ft - Wire and Cable Protection - 1UXZ1|FRN0.50TB50 - Grainger Industrial Supply

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
Funny you should ask. No one looks up there but me so, I opted to "Ride and Be Happy"

I have been doing this lately.:rolleyes: However when i put on my new tail I found the previous owner had cut the plate light wire and cut all the wires so short i could barely splice anything. I need to go back and do the plate light so i thought id wrap the solder spots better than eletrical tape when i put in new wire extensions.

Ill check out the link, thanks!

XTremo

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweated in the mid Summer heat in Southern Spain:

faz70.jpg

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
Synced the throttle bodies. It was super easy (because hubby got in there and took over instead of taking the time to teach me how to do it on my own :spank:).

They were really close to being even to begin with, so it didn't take much tweaking. I can't notice a difference in the way the bike runs now vs. before. There's still that tiny vibration around 5K rmp, but it was minimal to begin with.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This weekend she got some fresh 10-40 oil, a new filter, cable lube, a bath, and chain cleaned and oiled. For being so patient, a nice 150 mile ride followed....
Ride had some entertainment too as the back stepped out a couple feet in shaded area. A little too happy with wrist for the conditions and bam, TACHS at redline an we be crossed up... Love this bike!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I went for a ride yesterday too! Probably last one till next year. You should have called me Randy! Weather was sweet for this time of year. Kind of wanted to go to Lost Lake again and take some more pictures. No wind yesterday and the mountain has a good coat of snow. She looks great.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
She and I got... re-acquainted, this afternoon.
I bought a used beemer early this last spring, and haven't ridden Fizzer in a long time. Had a Dr's appointment this afternoon and it was sunny and warm when I got done, so I washed both bikes (sprinklers are turned off and no rain forecast for the next week!) I suited up and took Fizzer for a spin, if nothing else to charge up the battery a bit.
She's still so much fun to ride, but wow I really got used to the extra legroom on the R1200 GS; my legs are so tightly folded on the FZ.... :(

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glared at it as I reversed my car out into yet another rainy morning.... I have been bad this winter so she is going to have a good service before I do any riding. Summer is approaching fast!

Dusty blue is also not a very good colour for the FZ :spank:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
On Christmas eve I visited Crisis and changed her cover adding a bag of dehumidifier and dryer sheets to keep the pests away. She's been parked since the beginning of November and I must say I miss riding this year more than all others. Over new year's I'll return and do some maintenance....
Merry Christmas everyone!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Past week I did my valve lash adjustment. All clearances were at the bottom of their spec. I had already bought a Hotcams shim kit so replacements were ready to install. I also found a broken wire that got cut by the seat hinge and repaired it. It was supposed to be repaired by the dealer when I first bought the bike because of a fuel injection error code.That wire was part of the gear signal to the ECU that tells the ECU to retard timing in the first 4-5 gears. I have a TRE (Timing Retard Eliminator) that is now properly working. Much better power now! :rockon:

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wash, polish, & wax.
Changed fork oil. Cleaned and inspected front forks. Set front sag.
Cleaned and waxed front wheel. Inspected bearings, regrease front axle & seals.
Cleaned front calipers and thoroughly inspected all brake hardware. Bled brakes.
Began layout for new tail tidy.
Froze @ss off. Need a new one.

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still working on the winterizing process (not a big deal rush, since Precious is relaxing in our heated shop). The other day I got around to taking out the battery and covering the ends of the tailpipes. Still have to oil the forks, and I think that'll about do it. If I drag this out long enough, she won't have to go out to the shed at all.

I miss riding. So much!

Atragrob

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually last week but......

Bought it, 2006 FZ6 5,700 miles $3750
Insured it (well mainly insured me on it)
Registered it
Changed oil
Replaced 17 tooth front with 16, much better
Ordered handle bar bolts to take the raisers off

Use to have a naked SV650. Like the FZ6 much better. Wind protection, comfortable riding position and hooligan motor. Prefect.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still working on the winterizing process (not a big deal rush, since Precious is relaxing in our heated shop). The other day I got around to taking out the battery and covering the ends of the tailpipes. Still have to oil the forks, and I think that'll about do it. If I drag this out long enough, she won't have to go out to the shed at all.

I miss riding. So much!
Why do you cover the ends of the tail pipes? If condensation built up it would have no way of evaporating.