Video of Eurotrip 2011 with Cali Rider

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
P. S. I bet I'm the only one on the forum besides John and David who has met more than two people in that video :cheer:

Hate to break it to you, but I've met more than two people in that video too. I've met his beautiful daughter and his father in law, then of course John and David. I don't recall seeing the wifey in there David...

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I erased the figure from my memory :D

Seriously, even with borrowed bikes, and 5 out of 8 nights at friends/family, it still was quite the budget... you gotta count about $9 for a gallon of gas, the exchange rate, all the little things that add up quickly...

I would say for 9 days of riding (8 nights) + hotels + renting a bike and buying a cheap plane ticket... you're looking at min $5k... probably more.

I spent about $3000 USD, but as Waxex stated we caught quite a few breaks by having generous friends and family.

Budget $5000 USD.

Off topic: King Trivia rocks. We have finished 1st 4 of the past 6 weeks...

Thanks guys, I figured on around $5k total too. Was just talking to my brothers about doing this sometime next year. Time to start saving up!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great video! Thanks for sharing this. Knowing you both I feel like I'm out on the trip with you. :D Awesome job on this and I can't wait for the F1 footage!

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
This is Waaavex too much. ...and for awhlle some of us thought you came back empty. Videos are fantastic. They are all WaveX-rated! Still can't believe the perfect weather. Thanks for including us on your trip!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As usual we get to almost feel what it was like to be there!. Thank you David! :rockon:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still marveling at how you and Calirider hit the April jackpot weatherwise. And, being the "off-peak" season, you guys didn't have to deal with the full-bore Monte Carlo traffic jams either---not the usual summertime, super clogged scene with escargot-moving traffic (loaded tour busses, zillion mopeds, sportbikes, scooters, cars, locals, police, parking space sharks mixed in with poodles, zillion pedestrians with cameras zooming in, etc.) Even at 12 minutes, I think you may have navigated that F1 route fairly quickly for daytime. You should have the plate that reads "Lucky."

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
You can call me Mr. Lucky :) that's me hehe...

I think I'll be able to fit the rest of the video into one video part V to finish the series... the Alps are next :D

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
David, you're a master at creating interesting, professional videos of your trips. I know that it must be a monumental task for you especially with your busy life. That being said....thanks for taking the time to do it! :thumbup: :D

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice overview of Soultz-sous-Forets at the end!

You can see the soccer field 100 yards to the left of my ex-house too :) I lived in that village until I was 18yo... 2000 inhabitants lived there at the time, and probably close to 3000 now... it's a huge megalopolis :D

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
oh and the videos summarize the trip pretty well, even though I wish I could have captured the lane splitting we had to do in Nice (going to and coming back from Monaco)... I know John was tripping out about the European lane splitting crazyness :)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
David, your Part 1 video has been blocked :(, do you have another link (maybe without the music). I was going to watch it again to get me in the mood for my ride in June :rockon:
Cheers :thumbup: