Video of Eurotrip 2011 with Cali Rider

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Youtube was a pain in my @ss again due to audio issues, so I used Dailymotion... here is PART 2:

Dailymotion - Eurotrip 2011 PART 2

Let me know what you think! :)

Great video David Thank you! I like that they let you use the music. Like all of youtube is trying to violate licensing!

That little hangoff John did in the end was funny. Awesome scenery!
We even got to visit with family

LMAO! Fabulous "Don't look at him look at me!" "Fabio give you pearls, now blow wind!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutely stunning David! :thumbup:
What an awesome job you did with the editing and I loved the music, especially the song at around the 3:00 minute mark. Who was that?
Thanks again for sharing your and John's adventure. :D

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Great video David Thank you! I like that they let you use the music. Like all of youtube is trying to violate licensing!

That little hangoff John did in the end was funny. Awesome scenery!
We even got to visit with family

Corsica was simply amazing. The movie doesn't really do it justice either...

Coming soon in Part 3 and maybe even part 4: the french riviera with St Tropez, Cannes, Nice, our lap around Monaco F1 track.... the Alps.... & some flying time in a Pipistrel Virus Aircraft...

Absolutely stunning David! :thumbup:
What an awesome job you did with the editing and I loved the music, especially the song at around the 3:00 minute mark. Who was that?
Thanks again for sharing your and John's adventure. :D

Let me check about that song when I get home tonight... I am currently in a meeting LOL

LMAO! Fabulous "Don't look at him look at me!" "Fabio give you pearls, now blow wind!

Great video, and loved the scenery. Fabio is getting a little long in tooth but that's the price you pay for a video that doesn't pixelate when you go full screen:thumbup:

Jerry

Who the hell is Fabio? I'm not getting the joke :spank:

Looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing.
Did you rent bikes in France or take your own?

I borrowed the Bandit from a friend and the Scooter from my step dad :D

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
"Who the hell is Fabio? I'm not getting the joke "
LOL, don't you remember him from the I can't believe its not butter commercials.
It's embedded in the video about every 5 min., a blurb for Old Spice. You don't see it because you posted the video, and maybe others won't see it if they belong to the site.

Jerry

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome video's David. Looks like you and John had an amazing time. I'm kind of sort of maybe a bit jealous. I'm hoping to do a full UK tour via motorcycle in a year or two. May need to get some advice from you guys on how to pack/plan it.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
"Who the hell is Fabio? I'm not getting the joke "
LOL, don't you remember him from the I can't believe its not butter commercials.
It's embedded in the video about every 5 min., a blurb for Old Spice. You don't see it because you posted the video, and maybe others won't see it if they belong to the site.

Jerry

Yeah I tried watching it without signing in and still don't get any embedded commercials... I don't watch tv... and I am French... so no I didn't get it :Flip::D

Awesome video's David. Looks like you and John had an amazing time. I'm kind of sort of maybe a bit jealous. I'm hoping to do a full UK tour via motorcycle in a year or two. May need to get some advice from you guys on how to pack/plan it.

You're gonna have to time it right in the UK to avoid getting too wet :) Triple your budget too :cheer:

seb101

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea Corsica is quite amazing for bikers, is that the road from Corte to Porto in the video?
The mountains and twisties are amazing you guys were quite lucky it wasn't as hot as when we're there in the begining of june (after some have fires already).

That's the one day trip, without the ladies we did last year:
1 Day Around Corsica

And our ride to find the perfect camping, which took us 2 days lol (but we did find it - camping rondinara on the east coast near bonifacjo)

Our Way to find the perfect camping and way back to Ferry (Bastia)

Did you guys ride on any of those roads, besides N198 which i saw you did :p?

Last edited:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea Corsica is quite amazing for bikers, is that the road from Corte to Porto in the video?
The mountains and twisties are amazing you guys were quite lucky it wasn't as hot as when we're there in the begining of june (after some have fires already).

That's the one day trip, without the ladies we did last year:
1 Day Around Corsica

And our ride to find the perfect camping, which took us 2 days lol (but we did find it - camping rondinara on the east coast near bonifacjo)

Our Way to find the perfect camping and way back to Ferry (Bastia)

Did you guys ride on any of those roads, besides N198 which i saw you did :p?

This is the route we took on Corsica:
Ajaccio/Bonifacio/Bastia

We went from point A to point B on the first day, stayed overnight in Bonifacio, then traveled from B to point C on the next day. So we did travel some of the same roads as you did. I will go back to that island again, it was wonderful.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
You're gonna have to time it right in the UK to avoid getting too wet :) Triple your budget too :cheer:

Just like riding any day of the year here in Boston :spank:

I've got a one piece water proof riding suit and gortex gloves for the rainy days. Thinking of renting a Triumph Sprint with full hard luggage for the journey when I do it.

How much did you guys "budget" for this and how much did you end up spending?

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
This is the route we took on Corsica:
Ajaccio/Bonifacio/Bastia

We went from point A to point B on the first day, stayed overnight in Bonifacio, then traveled from B to point C on the next day. So we did travel some of the same roads as you did. I will go back to that island again, it was wonderful.

HA! You're even showing the back-tracking we had to do after we got stopped by road work on top of a mountain...

Little anecdote: John and I arrive at a work zone where there's no way we can get through... so we need to back track, but we have no idea how to get to Corte if not via this mountain pass... a few minutes later, one of the worker sees us looking at maps and stuff and ends up coming our way to tell us to just follow him in his car:

Renault_Kangoo_I_Rapid_Phase_I_D65.JPG

So he starts going down the mountain... we're on the tiny road you see in the last few minutes of the video... and the guy starts getting on it... like, rally style... John is in front of me and I am trailing on the scooter... I wish I could have filmed this episode because it was one of the most insane moments of my riding career... it was f_ing awesome!!! about the only chance you'll ever get to haul ass on this road pretty safely... :D I won't share the details about the fact that he almost drove another car in front of him off the road apparently because he was driving too slow for him LOL...

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Just like riding any day of the year here in Boston :spank:

I've got a one piece water proof riding suit and gortex gloves for the rainy days. Thinking of renting a Triumph Sprint with full hard luggage for the journey when I do it.

How much did you guys "budget" for this and how much did you end up spending?

I erased the figure from my memory :D

Seriously, even with borrowed bikes, and 5 out of 8 nights at friends/family, it still was quite the budget... you gotta count about $9 for a gallon of gas, the exchange rate, all the little things that add up quickly...

I would say for 9 days of riding (8 nights) + hotels + renting a bike and buying a cheap plane ticket... you're looking at min $5k... probably more.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I spent about $3000 USD, but as Waxex stated we caught quite a few breaks by having generous friends and family.

Budget $5000 USD.

Off topic: King Trivia rocks. We have finished 1st 4 of the past 6 weeks...

Last edited:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Way cool, it looks like a trip of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing, guys!

P. S. I bet I'm the only one on the forum besides John and David who has met more than two people in that video :cheer:

seb101

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, so you guys did enjoy the N193, i don't remmember if it was before or after Corte that from that awesome wide road it was turning into a really small road in every city we did pass and N196 from priopiano (we did took some smaller road from Ajjacio to almost propiano which was big mistake as it took us couple of hours just to do it as it was twisity as hell, with lots of areas with poor tarmac) was just great, all those corners with nice smooth tarmac, especially on the coast, if think it was on N196 that we did find probably one rear road in Corscica that was longer then 1km (being it straight) lol

Oh and cagers from corsica deserve their own topic :) they're freaking mad and going on it all the time, seriously most of the times i was just letting them by on very few ocasions (usually without ladies) we're trying to keep up with them and sometimes even they were giving us some space for the pass lol

We did camp with the tents so i can't really compare the costs, from what i remmember is that there aren't that many hotels in corsica and they are quite pricy. As for camping we did pay about the same money as we did on the camping in italy.

Last edited:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Great vid! thanks for sharing! never seen anybody who looks so right in shades btw! Looks like an awesome trip and it's cool you got to go back to your old college and catch up!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Off topic: King Trivia rocks. We have finished 1st 4 of the past 6 weeks...

You won again this week? nice!... breakfast on you tomorrow :D

Way cool, it looks like a trip of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing, guys!

P. S. I bet I'm the only one on the forum besides John and David who has met more than two people in that video :cheer:

that's right! and it wasn't just "anywhere" either :)

Oh and cagers from corsica deserve their own topic :) they're freaking mad and going on it all the time, seriously most of the times i was just letting them by on very few ocasions (usually without ladies) we're trying to keep up with them and sometimes even they were giving us some space for the pass lol

We did camp with the tents so i can't really compare the costs, from what i remmember is that there aren't that many hotels in corsica and they are quite pricy. As for camping we did pay about the same money as we did on the camping in italy.

There will be more Corsica scenery in the next installment of the movie... some of the roads we experienced and the scenery were unbelievable... one of them was on our way to Bastia... that road was very narrow and twisty as hell and surrounded by trees and heavy vegetation... it kept going and going, like a roller-coaster perched on the side of the mountain...

The cager who took us down the mountain was awesome :) no issues with cagers other than that... the hotel we stayed in in Bonifacio was like 90 euros ($65 each), and it was a short walking distance from the marina and pedestrian street... we had dinner in a very typical Corsican restaurant with a charming (not) french waiter... the food was 100% from the island though and it was awesome.

Great vid! thanks for sharing! never seen anybody who looks so right in shades btw! Looks like an awesome trip and it's cool you got to go back to your old college and catch up!

Thanks :) there's a sequel too if you haven't seen the link: Dailymotion - Eurotrip 2011 PART 2 - a Auto-Moto video
:rockon: