I wouldn't quite say 365 days of riding here...........maybe 357 :Flip:

If you aren't afraid of rain...... lets say......four o'clock p.m. :D

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
why people choose to live anywhere else is beyond me..... :confused:

Heat, humidity, poisonous spiders, poisonous snakes, gators, crime rate, Q-Tip land, and last but not least, when the ocean rises after the ice caps melt :rolleyes: , you'll be on a permanent river boat and I'll be on beachfront property. :Flip: :rockon: :rof:

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
Since we're on this weather thread anyway....I laughed at this.

“Too bad Lassie didn't know how to ice skate, because then if she was in Holland on vacation in winter and someone said "Lassie, go skate for help," she could do it.”

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Heat, humidity, poisonous spiders, poisonous snakes, gators, crime rate, Q-Tip land, and last but not least, when the ocean rises after the ice caps melt :rolleyes: , you'll be on a permanent river boat and I'll be on beachfront property. :Flip: :rockon: :rof:

1. you get acclimated to the heat/humidity.

2. Stay out of the swamp and you don't need to worry much about snakes, spiders, and gators.

3. Crime rate depends on where you live.

4. Q-tips are dangerous but I see plenty of "man in the mountain" plates when they are down here :D

5. I think we will all be dead before I worry about the ice caps :rockon:

have fun shoveling your drive this winter Eric! You might be still doing it while I am watching the Sox in spring training :eek: and checking out the 'breakers on the beach :cheer:

this is as close as we get to snow (this is 10 minutes away from my house).....just ask Hellgate how beautiful it is in real life :thumbup:

I truthfully dont even own a jacket the best I got is a sweatshirt :ban:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
1. you get acclimated to the heat/humidity.

2. Stay out of the swamp and you don't need to worry much about snakes, spiders, and gators.

3. Crime rate depends on where you live.

4. Q-tips are dangerous but I see plenty of "man in the mountain" plates when they are down here :D

5. I think we will all be dead before I worry about the ice caps :rockon:

have fun shoveling your drive this winter Eric! You might be still doing it while I am watching the Sox in spring training :eek: and checking out the 'breakers on the beach :cheer:

this is as close as we get to snow (this is 10 minutes away from my house).....just ask Hellgate how beautiful it is in real life :thumbup:

I truthfully dont even own a jacket the best I got is a sweatshirt :ban:

It'll take us about 17 hours, but my husband and I will be there as soon as we can pack the car!! What's that address again??? ;)

colobb

Reaction score
Visit site
Now I get it! I now know a good use for the CanAm Spyder!!! Chains and winter riding! :steve:

Well it is a snowmobile on wheels. Don't worry about chains, just a good set of winter tires.;)

We got our first snow just over a month ago. Two weeks ago today, it was 80F, the nest day it was 30F and snowing. Sweet.:ban:
I wanna live in Florida, sick of this cold and snow BS.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well it is a snowmobile on wheels. Don't worry about chains, just a good set of winter tires.;)

We got our first snow just over a month ago. Two weeks ago today, it was 80F, the nest day it was 30F and snowing. Sweet.:ban:
I wanna live in Florida, sick of this cold and snow BS.

I want to live someplace warmer, just not so sure it would be FL. Thinking southwestern NC or southeastern TN? Winter still exists but it's damned short! Just enough time to RUSH through all the mods and service the bike! :rockon:

Spyder with studded snows... :D

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Only if the road is ice/snow covered all winter. Perhaps an AWD conversion aswell? Do you think that I could just rip the parts off of my Suby and throw'em on?:rolleyes:

Sure! Btw, a lot of folks here run studded tires from Nov through to the end of March. I don't... Tacoma's don't need that. :rockon:

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
That SUCKS!! Was 60 this morn. Now 74. Warmer for the next 5 days. I grew up in Michigan loving snow!! Now I hate it.

colobb

Reaction score
Visit site
Sure! Btw, a lot of folks here run studded tires from Nov through to the end of March. I don't... Tacoma's don't need that. :rockon:

Yeah, I don't bother with studs. I have Dunlop's Winter Sport 3D. They're great in snow and I seem to be getting very good tread life out of them, they're a 'performance' (at least thats what Tire Rack call them) winter tire. Roads are often not plowed when I'm driving home from work between midnight and 3am and never had the slightest hint that they were breaking loose - driving the speed limit the whole way, upto 65mph. Having said that, I put an Outback on its roof 3 years ago, oops, but those were crappy all seasons. Never liked the Outback on icy roads, Impreza is great though.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Mike!

Goodnight Fizzer. Good morning Rossignols!! w00t!!! :rockon:

(...and I don't winterize my bike; I ride as long as the roads are clear and the temp is above 24 F) :thumbup:

edski

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Mike!

Goodnight Fizzer. Good morning Rossignols!! w00t!!! :rockon:

(...and I don't winterize my bike; I ride as long as the roads are clear and the temp is above 24 F) :thumbup:

I don't winterize, either. Last winter, I rode the FZ6 at least a couple times every month, even Jan and Feb. Here in southern NJ, the temps mostly vacillate from 10 to 40 degrees F, sometimes it even gets warmer.

I have ridden in 20 degree temps, but you don't want to go fast and far. I'll ride whenever the mercury cruises above freezing, but when it drops and the snow starts falling, I break out the Volants and go skiing.