UK Riders ride out

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Been a quiet morning at work so i've been doing some working out and stuff. So here's a suggestion. Meet up at the services on M1 at J15a for breakfast and head out into East Anglia. Maybe head towards Snetterton area via Peterborough and Kings Lynn.

Reasons - never been that way before, good riding roads (according to most of the bike magazines who are based out that way) and it's fairly (central). Here's the distances to the services (postcode NN4 9XF) from all the places I've seen on this thread (I used www.theaa.com):

Stevenage - 49 miles
Birmingham - 55
Manchester - 135
Doncaster - 108
Swindon - 70
London - 69
Reading - 70
Leamington Spa - 35
Alkmaar - 430

OK so Manchester is quite a trek (and the Netherlands - well really!) but it's do-able for everyone. What does everyone think? I won't be offended if you think it's a sh!t idea!

:Sport:

ps the total trip for me and Neil from the Reading area would be about 350 miles if we took a slightly more direct route on the way back.

Sorry Buggerlugs didn't see this one come past, thanx for including me in the list, but I somehow doubt I can make it but it's nice to be thought of :thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lugs I think I love you.
That is the official plan.
Numpty will have a bit further than us to ride but we need decisive action.
Has Sarah granted your weekend pass?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't 'kin believe it! I can't do that weekend either, I'm doing a Bikesafe course with the local Plod. Big letters all over the invoice 'Not Transferrable'.

Talking of which, anyone going to Hendon next weekend? Thought I might bimble down there see what it's all about.

Bikesafe - Motorcycle Rider Safety
No worries Ped,
Any tips on quality boozers and roads?

Neil

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Leamington is quite a happening place on a Saturday night. (I prefer Warwick for a quiet drink, but then I'm an old fart).

All within walking distance of York House, in fact follow this order & and you've got yourself a pub Crawl: Star & Garter, White Horse, Yates, The Hogshead, Slug & Lettuce (To Be honest, only if you're really thirsty), Murphy's (Wild), Voodoo, The Willowby (S/p).

If you're ready for an injun by now, got to be the Paprika Club - Opposite Murphy's - Just epic.

If you're still up for more; The benjamin Satchwell, The Haunch, Little bit of a walk to the Jug & Jester - You're now in Curry town The Five Rivers is excellent, but a little pricey; Ali's Curry House - great food, great price, bit of a zoo after closing time. Within a couple of hundred yards there must be a dozen curry houses haven't tried anything like all of them, but you got to figure that with all that competition they got to be ok to survive.

Not into clubs myself but two spring to mind; Smack, never been there, get the impression it's a fairly young crowd gets in there. Not far from the White Horse at the top of town so a bit of a hike back to the York House.

Rio's I haven't been to for 20 years, but it's still there so guess they're doing something right, a more mature clientele I believe.

Newly opened at the bottom of town is a 'Gentlemen's Club' in the same area as the curry houses & not far from the B&B.

If you get off the track a bit Bar 44 is a decent boozer, The Sozzled Sauasage is ok but very loud, The Builders Arms OK but used to be a bit wild, Just around the corner from the Builders is the Hope & Anchor, old fashioned drinking pub. Wilde's is ok for the sophisticated.

One thing for sure there's no shortage of pubs in & Around the town centre.

Enjoy.;)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Leamington is quite a happening place on a Saturday night. (I prefer Warwick for a quiet drink, but then I'm an old fart).

All within walking distance of York House, in fact follow this order & and you've got yourself a pub Crawl: Star & Garter, White Horse, Yates, The Hogshead, Slug & Lettuce (To Be honest, only if you're really thirsty), Murphy's (Wild), Voodoo, The Willowby (S/p).

If you're ready for an injun by now, got to be the Paprika Club - Opposite Murphy's - Just epic.

If you're still up for more; The benjamin Satchwell, The Haunch, Little bit of a walk to the Jug & Jester - You're now in Curry town The Five Rivers is excellent, but a little pricey; Ali's Curry House - great food, great price, bit of a zoo after closing time. Within a couple of hundred yards there must be a dozen curry houses haven't tried anything like all of them, but you got to figure that with all that competition they got to be ok to survive.

Not into clubs myself but two spring to mind; Smack, never been there, get the impression it's a fairly young crowd gets in there. Not far from the White Horse at the top of town so a bit of a hike back to the York House.

Rio's I haven't been to for 20 years, but it's still there so guess they're doing something right, a more mature clientele I believe.

Newly opened at the bottom of town is a 'Gentlemen's Club' in the same area as the curry houses & not far from the B&B.

If you get off the track a bit Bar 44 is a decent boozer, The Sozzled Sauasage is ok but very loud, The Builders Arms OK but used to be a bit wild, Just around the corner from the Builders is the Hope & Anchor, old fashioned drinking pub. Wilde's is ok for the sophisticated.

One thing for sure there's no shortage of pubs in & Around the town centre.

Enjoy.;)
Thanks Ped,

We will have a bit of a Chinese parliment on what we are going to do.
I personally can't be arrsed with night clubs.

Any disused airfields / runways near by? Or large carparks. I thought we could do a bit of rider control stuff. How about which way to head for a decent run. We will need two runs. One on the Saturday and one on the Sunday. I am going to attempt to introduce the group to the game "lie dice" good drinking game that one.

Thanks for the local knowlege.

Neil

Last edited:

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Ped,

We will have a bit of a Chinese parliment on what we are going to do.
I personally can't be arrsed with night clubs.

Any disused airfields / runways near by? Or large carparks. I thought we could do a bit of rider control stuff. How about which way to head for a decent run. We will need two runs. One on the Saturday and one on the Sunday. I am going to attempt to introduce the group to the game "lie dice" good drinking game that one.

Thanks for the local knowlege.

Neil

There's an airstrip about 8 miles up the road at Wellesbourne. Saturdays they have a big market there. Not sure about access to the place on Sunday. I did my refresher course there last April before I got the FZ.

I'm struggling for car parks, there is a big retail park about a mile from the B&B, but I'm guessing you won't be up at the crack of dawn on Sunday & by 9.30 ish it'll be busy & later you'll all be heading off. I will put my thinking cap on see what I can come up with.

How long (miles/time) a rideout you looking for? there are a few nice routes which I regularly do for pleasure around here.

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't 'kin believe it! I can't do that weekend either, I'm doing a Bikesafe course with the local Plod. Big letters all over the invoice 'Not Transferrable'.

Talking of which, anyone going to Hendon next weekend? Thought I might bimble down there see what it's all about.

Bikesafe - Motorcycle Rider Safety

Yeah I will be having a look in on the Sunday.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Emperor's in curry town. Absolutely 'kin marvellous, Cantonese cuisine, more of a sit down & savour place rather than after a belly full of beer place. Bring your wallet, you have been warned.
Grommits paying so no worries lol.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There's an airstrip about 8 miles up the road at Wellesbourne. Saturdays they have a big market there. Not sure about access to the place on Sunday. I did my refresher course there last April before I got the FZ.

I'm struggling for car parks, there is a big retail park about a mile from the B&B, but I'm guessing you won't be up at the crack of dawn on Sunday & by 9.30 ish it'll be busy & later you'll all be heading off. I will put my thinking cap on see what I can come up with.

How long (miles/time) a rideout you looking for? there are a few nice routes which I regularly do for pleasure around here.
Thanks I will look it up, the airstrip that is.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wellesbourne airstrip,

What a runway 917meters. Unfortunately they are open after the market on the saturday at 09.30. Might be worth an ask though lol.