UK Riders ride out

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mate thats a great link. November is a little to soon for me (3rd baby due in 4 weeks). As we said. Roll on the better weather and the gigs won't be such an issue. I think I saw the green rider yesterday on the kings road.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I could probably work with anything from May onwards ... BSB or WSB Would be great fun ... Matlock is awsome on bikes aswell ;) bloody sky cam all over the place though ... using video for evidence of speeding bikers now ... Not that we would be speeding :rolleyes:

Someone make a firm decision so I can book time off work and clear things up with Er In Doors :)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Someone make a firm decision so I can book time off work and clear things up with Er In Doors :)

Mate your not the only one lol.

Hi Jonathan, May on sounds good to me, the weather will be getting better and the days longer.

At this rate though it will be you, me and B'luggs

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Been a quiet morning at work so i've been doing some working out and stuff. So here's a suggestion. Meet up at the services on M1 at J15a for breakfast and head out into East Anglia. Maybe head towards Snetterton area via Peterborough and Kings Lynn.

Reasons - never been that way before, good riding roads (according to most of the bike magazines who are based out that way) and it's fairly (central). Here's the distances to the services (postcode NN4 9XF) from all the places I've seen on this thread (I used www.theaa.com):

Stevenage - 49 miles
Birmingham - 55
Manchester - 135
Doncaster - 108
Swindon - 70
London - 69
Reading - 70
Leamington Spa - 35
Alkmaar - 430

OK so Manchester is quite a trek (and the Netherlands - well really!) but it's do-able for everyone. What does everyone think? I won't be offended if you think it's a sh!t idea!

:Sport:

ps the total trip for me and Neil from the Reading area would be about 350 miles if we took a slightly more direct route on the way back.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Been a quiet morning at work so i've been doing some working out and stuff. So here's a suggestion. Meet up at the services on M1 at J15a for breakfast and head out into East Anglia. Maybe head towards Snetterton area via Peterborough and Kings Lynn.

Reasons - never been that way before, good riding roads (according to most of the bike magazines who are based out that way) and it's fairly (central). Here's the distances to the services (postcode NN4 9XF) from all the places I've seen on this thread (I used www.theaa.com):

Stevenage - 49 miles
Birmingham - 55
Manchester - 135
Doncaster - 108
Swindon - 70
London - 69
Reading - 70
Leamington Spa - 35
Alkmaar - 430

OK so Manchester is quite a trek (and the Netherlands - well really!) but it's do-able for everyone. What does everyone think? I won't be offended if you think it's a sh!t idea!

:Sport:

ps the total trip for me and Neil from the Reading area would be about 350 miles if we took a slightly more direct route on the way back.

Nice one mate, Im abit of a hobbit though and may need two breakfasts lol.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm up for that :)

I lOVE A FULL ENGLISH :thumbup:

Set a date ............:Flash:

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought that they had to change the name "Olympic" as they are not sponsors of the game (no $hite). But what ever they call it put me down for one.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Then there's always this http://www.iwanttowheelie.co.uk/aboutus.html. (Does cost £150 each though):(

Saw a programme on men and motors last night about some nutters trying to break the record for the worlds fastest wheelie. They did. 156mph!!!:rockon:
Now were talking, there is a wheelie school near southampton (i think) who use fazers. I would rather be be able to pull a stonker than get my knee down.

Last edited:

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Now were talking, there is a wheelie school near southampton (i think) who use fazers. I would rather be be able to pull a stonker than get my knee down.

I'm not sure what Freud would make of 'Pulling a stonker' :D

I can't keep up with this forum, you miss a couple of days & there's 115 bloody posts.

I'm up for the ride out, whenever.

wardfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
howdo

I'm gonna be busy spending next few months riding slowly behind the missus on her new kwak er6f while she gets some confidence, but always go to oulton park bsb's and maybe donington this year as well if i've got enough cash. Bikefest at donington was an interesting do last year only a tenner for few laps of the track, which I didn't do cos was paranoid about dropping it and gettin bus home, maybe this year i'll have a dabble.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Know Oulton Park well as I come from Northwich. Geat track to drive (had a go in a single seater a few years back in the pouring rain) but ****e for viewing. Get yourself down to Brands. Can see almost the whole track from the grandstand. Have you ridden the snake pass or cat & fiddle? I've only been over them (many, many times) in a car and was much fun

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Know Oulton Park well as I come from Northwich. Geat track to drive (had a go in a single seater a few years back in the pouring rain) but ****e for viewing. Get yourself down to Brands. Can see almost the whole track from the grandstand. Have you ridden the snake pass or cat & fiddle? I've only been over them (many, many times) in a car and was much fun

Hey buggerlugs My brother lives in Northwich, what a small world.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So does mine. Next to the Salt Barge in Marston. I come from Hartford but lived in Witton Park for a few years. If you ever visit try and tie it in with the Thundersprint, it's well worth it

Welcome to Thundersprint - The Home of Classic Motorcycle Sprint Racing

Hey that looks pretty cool, I've never heard my bruv about it. I must admit I don't know the area that well, he moved to Northwich from Manchester a couple of years ago (he still works in Manchester). He lives near the museum.
I've only been there twice and both times they were flying visits, but I loved the place, small enough to be quaint but big enough to have some big shops. I'll definately have to get over for the races sometime :thumbup: