TWO WHEELS,,,, why?

meggi46

Reaction score
Visit site
Why do You ride? :D

Please share with me why,,,,,,,,,, ;)

Why 2oo (two wheels) are better than 4 ?
What do You feel while riding?

Hobbesca

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The very same reason dogs stick their heads out of car windows. :rockon:

So do get my fix for riding all I have to do is stick my head out of the window ?

K i will give it a try and get back to you.:rolleyes:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
The unmistakeable sound of a high revving inline 4 cylinder engine:rockon:

So you prefer 2 wheels over 4 because of the engine? You can put a high revving inline 4 in a car you know :Flip:

What about riding a triple? or an inline 6... not interested at all?

Twitch

Elite Pimp
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Because there is nothing like it. Nothing like the pure freedom and adrenaline. The instant speed from the twist of the throttle. Your mind being torn between how safe you feel and how in danger you truly are. Sometimes you get in sync with your bike and nothing else matters. Nothing else is happening in the entire world. Time stands still and for a second you feel like everything fits into place. Everything has a reason and everything makes sense.

And when you park your bike and lay down in bed thinking of how ****ty your next day at work is gonna be, you know that no matter what, rain or shine, your bike will be there for you and give you the same feeling all over again.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
To provide a more serious answer...

I find riding almost like meditating. You have to put everything else out of your mind and focus 100% on what you are doing. You can't let up for one minute or that might be the time you end up hitting a patch of gravel or some idiot who pulls out in front of you.

The effect (for me anyway) of that level of concentration is the same feeling I get after doing mindful breathing meditation where you try to just sit and not think anything at all. (If you've never tried to NOT think anything, give it a go sometime. It's very difficult to silence that little voice in your head.) Anyway, once you can empty your mind for a while, you feel completely relaxed once you are finished. That's how I feel after a good ride.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1. So we can escape from the cops j/k

2. Why be boxed up?

3. Have you ever done it? Try it, it may or may not be your thing.

4. My friends have'em, my brother and father do too.

5. It's a rush.

6. You can always find a parking spot.

7. Saves gas

8. Easy to work on (for the most part)

9. Track day!

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
Along with all other members comments.

I personally had big improvement on my Brain Activity since riding again.
And the riding posture helped me some Body Balancing (both physical and mind).

Another thing that I could say is that >> Good night sleep after joyful riding.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have motorbikes in my blood.

My dad used to have a 67 Triumph Bonneville and a 58 Arial (think I got the years right). As a young child he used to take me to watch motorbike racing - people such as Kenny Roberts, Mick Grant and Barry Sheene.

I met my husband when I was 17 and he had the same blood running through his veins - he's obsessed with bikes too. It was only a matter of time, and money..., before I got my own bike.

:D:D:D

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Riding gives me something to look forward to before and after work, something to build upon. Something I can call my own, something I can master. It gives me freedom, and adrenaline - a similar feeling to skydiving, or climbing waterfalls, or even shooting guns.

And as strange as this sounds, a good friend once said

"I never feel alive quite like when I'm on edge of life and death." - It's almost like a slap in the face, every time I saddle up - reminding me how alive I really am. Without this feeling, my life tends to become stagnant and boring.

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
ever since i was 12 and watched tom cruise suck face with kelly mcgillis in top gun on the ninja, i've wanted a motorcycle with some kind of plastic on it. I'm not kidding.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
The freedom of an eagle, the speed of a missle, closeness to death as that of a deep solo gas dive, and song in my heart. (Of course being able to outrun my own noise is pretty fantastic on a high-speed run, not mention the ability to dust off most any car that is feeling ****y)
My most favorite is a long, fast, solo, night ride, either under a big moon or when there is a lot of lightning in the distant sky. To each his/her own. That's mine.
Be safe, but enjoy life - this is not a dress rehearsal.

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
- freedom

- feels good to have perfect control over a very powerful machine.

- it looks cool.......and it IS

- cheaper modding then cars

- never having to pay for a parking spot

- always being able to park within 20 meter from where you have to be.

- adrenaline

- riding gear is badass

- the sound of the engine and exhaust.

- Most bang for the buck

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Because I cant legally have my wife with her legs around me in a car while I drive!!!

Feeling like a pilot with the freedom of the road, knowing that any mistake can be disastrous. Stopping and pulling off, making a perfect gear change, anticipating actions of other drivers around me and adjusting my riding before the event ever arises. Being aware and feeling alive!! :rockon:

You cant beat a good ride in the Irish countryside on a stone splitting hot day!