Two Brothers cans rotation

brico

Reaction score
Visit site
Since I replaced my stock exhaust with TB cans, similarly to other people, I have noticed that right side can is "working harder" getting way more hot than the left side one and I guess this is because of the shape of the pipes and right side one having much more straight exit so more hot exhaust gas running through it. I am sure this was the case with stock exhaust but because both cans were together the heat from the right side migrated through the assembly to the left one so the entire thing would be similar temperature. With divided cans, this is not the case.

So, do you guys alternate the cans every now and then to "burn them out equally" or just keep them as they are? It is pretty easy swapping the cans, but how often would you do that?:don'tknow:

The stock muffler has baffles inside and pretty much spreads the heat equally as well as the flow.

MY Scorps are similar to yours. I wouldn'd bother swapping cans about.

If their SS, just polish the yellow off with SS cleaner as needed. The longer the cans stay in place, the better they seal (slight carbon build up) at the joints.

I swapped mine just after 5k with the plan to repack around 10k but sold the cans before getting that many miles on them. 2bros says to repack between 5-10k miles but when I talked to their rep he said 4cylinder motors run much cooler and 10k should be ok.

I swapped mine just after 5k with the plan to repack around 10k but sold the cans before getting that many miles on them. 2bros says to repack between 5-10k miles but when I talked to their rep he said 4cylinder motors run much cooler and 10k should be ok.

I swap mine over about every 5000-7000KM's, or when i get around to it...with the TB's, the left pipe does do about 70% of the work IMHO.

as for getting then re-packed....mine are definitely due...25000km's on them so far, and they are starting to sound a bit more "gruff" than when i got them, but not ridiculously so...

:thumbup:

Back