trade in my fz6 for a fz1??

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
i have a 2007 fz6 with 1600miles on it mint condistion. went to yahama today and they said the will give me 5,500.00 trade in if i bought their new 2009 fz1 or 2009 r6. the fz1 is 10,000 out the door. but i still owe 7,000 on my fz6 since i just bought it not that long ageo. you think its worth spending a extra 2,000 on a 2009 fz1? so with the 2k added on the fz1 i will be paying 12k for it.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what is the difference between the FZ6 to fz1 besides the 400cc's extra. What are the pro's to con's??? Is the FZ1 just like the FZ6 as far as the versatility, HP, handling, twisters etc etc...

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
12k for a 10k bike? Doesn't appear to be a very sound financial decision. Perhaps ride your 6 for a year and sell it for what you owe or more then go out and buy a new or better yet a slightly used FZ1 if you can get good interest rate.

Why do you want a FZ1? (Not that it is a bad thing)

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
12k for a 10k bike? Doesn't appear to be a very sound financial decision. Perhaps ride your 6 for a year and sell it for what you owe or more then go out and buy a new or better yet a slightly used FZ1 if you can get good interest rate.

Why do you want a FZ1? (Not that it is a bad thing)

more power, better parts offerd, looks better. i messed up i should have bought the fz1 in the first place, dont get me wrong i love my fz6:rockon: just like the looks of the fz1 better and all of the better exhaust and other parts you can get.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
From what I understood, you owe $7000 on your current bike (the FZ6). The are willing to trade it in for $5500. That means you still need to come up with another $11500 for the FZ1. Is it worth going that much in debt for such a similar bike? If the pro's out weigh the cons, go for it. Don't forget insurance will be more, and gas will cost more. Sure aftermarket rocks on the FZ1, but debt is a nasty thing.

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
From what I understood, you owe $7000 on your current bike (the FZ6). The are willing to trade it in for $5500. That means you still need to come up with another $11500 for the FZ1. Is it worth going that much in debt for such a similar bike? If the pro's out weigh the cons, go for it. Don't forget insurance will be more, and gas will cost more. Sure aftermarket rocks on the FZ1, but debt is a nasty thing.

ya i know insurance dubles, and its not work it. my bike is real clean not a sratch on it. but look at how nice that 09 fz1 looks.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
1600 miles on a 07? What is it, a porch pooch? You need to ride more!

I understand about making a mistake, you can learn to live with it or upgrade knowing it's really going to cost you. A lot.

Once I installed the 2bros cannons I was much happier with my 6.

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
1600 miles on a 07? What is it, a porch pooch? You need to ride more!

I understand about making a mistake, you can learn to live with it or upgrade knowing it's really going to cost you. A lot.

Once I installed the 2bros cannons I was much happier with my 6.

ive only hade it for a few month's i work out of town m-f. so i have'nt had much time to ride it. untill now.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Higher insurance premiums, less fuel efficient and a smaller gas tank = less range per tank. Yeah, more power, but that's about it as far as I can see. And depending on your skill level, you may take a few steps backwards adjusting to the bike. You won't be able to carve those canyons as easliy as you do with the FZ6. Plus, I don't like the side exhaust.

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
Higher insurance premiums, less fuel efficient and a smaller gas tank = less range per tank. Yeah, more power, but that's about it as far as I can see. And depending on your skill level, you may take a few steps backwards adjusting to the bike. You won't be able to carve those canyons as easliy as you do with the FZ6. Plus, I don't like the side exhaust.

the power is no problem, i own a 2007 zx6, it pretty fast, but kills me on long rides; very lean forward. i would like to have a faster upright bike. but its to late now, i should have done my home work befor buying a new bike. i am not that worried about it the fz6 is still a kick @$$ bike. just wish they made more after market parts for our bikes.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
The full faired FZ1 looks more like a "sportbike" than a full faired FZ6.

The FZ6 and FZ1 are NOT the same bike. The only similarity is the upright riding position and a detuned experience from an R1/R6.

I would see if you could test ride one before I'd buy it. Personally I didn't like the FZ1 because it's too bulky, and the tank felt like a big woman I was trying to wrap my legs around.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
ya i know insurance dubles, and its not work it. my bike is real clean not a sratch on it. but look at how nice that 09 fz1 looks.

Dude! You should NOT be allowed to post pics like that!!! :( You're almost making me wish I'd gone for the FZ1 now. That is one sexy bike with the full fairing! :Flash:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Why bother putting yourself deeper in debt for a bike.

The FZ6 still has lots of life in it and is in excellent condition.

Pay some more off the FZ6 and think about it later.

Steve

hardway

Reaction score
Visit site
That fz1 does look pretty sic, you'd be paying a lot for it though. I'd say try and get a test ride, but that would probably just make you want it more. Debt is looking more and more dangerous these days, but if you're solid financially and can justify paying 2k over cost, go for it!

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ1 would be great, but in this economy I wouldn't be looking to take on more debt. I'm keeping my FZ6 at least another year until things get better.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
12K of debt on a 10K bike and you're going to being paying crazy amounts of insurance and hoping it does not get stolen? Dude, you can't afford this thing right now...don't be silly. Sounds like you're after the looks more than anything...how much will that really matter when your gut hurts everytime you look at your bank statement?

If anything, sell private and buy USED private.

Good luck :thumbup:

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I am probably of a different frame of mind than most repsonses. Get the bike you want. I bought a 2007 FZ6 in July of 2007. I have ridden 15,000 and we have a 5 month riding season. Today, I am thinking of walking to my local Yamaha dealer where they are giving me a 2008 R1 at dealer cost. The situation I faced was: spending more money on mods for my FZ6, (which I love, BTW) or stepping up to the R1. My bike is paid for however. I am still deciding what to do. I do have a few buyers lined up privately for my FZ6.