Touring FZ6 ???

kansasvmax94

Reaction score
Visit site
We just bought an FZ6 (2008) and have a question. Does anybody have any suggestions or preferences as to what kind of saddle bags or tail bags work well on this bike. I've searched and searched and browsed dozens of pics but haven't had much luck other than seeing a few different hard tailbags (like the GIVI style).

Thanks!!!:cheer:

Alterin

Reaction score
Visit site
I like my givi bags.

Here's a pic coming back from a 4k trip.

bikeendoftrip.jpg

Alterin

Reaction score
Visit site
The mounts are permament more or less. The bags come off super easily. It's one key... One button will open them up, the other will let you yank them off. I would bring them with me into a motel room. Here's a few pics of the brackets. The turn signals have to be moved a little bit if you have the stock fairing, but all the necessary brackets come with the mounts.
IMG_0164.jpg
IMG_0163.jpg
IMG_0162.jpg

I almost never take them off and go riding. When I put them on after having them off, I don't notice them being there. I do notice them not being there though, if that makes any sense. Passengers don't notice them at all either. They don't get in the way.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Your bike is looking sharp! I like the black on black.

You ever log onto Scsportbikes.com? Local forum I belong to and go under the same screename. Come out for a TWT(two wheel Tuesdays) sometime, different locaton everyweek.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
GIVI V46 topcase. Got it from twisted throttle, with the mount, backrest for my gf, and brake repeater kit. Thinking of sidecases next. :rockon:

Alterin

Reaction score
Visit site
Your bike is looking sharp! I like the black on black.

You ever log onto Scsportbikes.com? Local forum I belong to and go under the same screename. Come out for a TWT(two wheel Tuesdays) sometime, different locaton everyweek.

Ha, never even heard of it actually :p I'm on 702sportbikes.. I'll have to see what I can do one of these weeks. I usually play roller hockey and then go and pub quiz on Tuesday nights.

GkS

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are a couple of pics from my saddle bags (Kappa TK731)....check it out:

IMAGE_057.jpg

IMAGE_058.jpg

IMAGE_059.jpg

The small thin brackets (TK351) Givi or Kappa is the same thing and you can easily take them out or install them as you please, not like the hard ones.
IMAGE_060.jpg

A foto of my full load on my trip to Germany in September '09.
IMAGE_085.jpg

Jacobien

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Alterin, awesome tyre choice my friend!

And also, what chain wax/lube do you use? Cos after 4K it still be so nice and shiny!!!

P.S. The panniers are nice too...

Thanx

Alterin

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Alterin, awesome tyre choice my friend!

And also, what chain wax/lube do you use? Cos after 4K it still be so nice and shiny!!!

P.S. The panniers are nice too...

Thanx

I love the tires! Amazing difference compared to stock, and it was noticable even before I broke em in.

I don't remember what I used on that trip(I don't remember seeing it at cycle gear next time I went), but I lubed every night. It was a smaller blueish can. I kept that, tire gauge, sunscreen, beef jerky(slip underneath your helmet while riding so easily!), etc in the tank bag.

Alterin

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to go Off Topic, but what brand are those tires?

It looks like it's on subject to me: touring :p They're Michelin Pilot Road 2's. I had to replace the rear one since because of a nail, but the front almost looks new still after 16000 miles. Then again, I've done a lot more touring style riding than "canyons"

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like it's on subject to me: touring :p They're Michelin Pilot Road 2's. I had to replace the rear one since because of a nail, but the front almost looks new still after 16000 miles. Then again, I've done a lot more touring style riding than "canyons"

Thanks! My son's brother-in-law got PR2's on his GSXR1000 and absolutely loves them. They'll be my replacement in a few months. :thumbup: