Top Speed???

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm just poking FZun at you guys. But, maybe somebody should start a thread on speeding ticket stories? (would probably be entertaining). My record's clean but ever since my FZ6, I think that I'm at risk of spoiling that record.

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did about 185 kmh which is about 112 mph yesterday. Thats the fastest I've done on my bike. That was only for a couple of seconds and it scared the !@#$ out of me because too many things can go wrong and at that speed its unforgiving. It was on a highway with no cars and no side streets where some one could turn in. Still scared me though. It will be a while again for me....
:eek:

fisheye

Reaction score
Visit site
its not really crazy, cars are driving 80-90 on the highway like its nothing whats another 20-40 on top of that?

I agree with that.

I got mine up to 120(mph) the other day.

It has to be the right place at the right time. I wouldn't recommend anyone going faster than they feel comfortable with.

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So far 112mph is my top.

I am hoping to try it out on a run what ya brung day at Santa Pod.

I think the track is a bit short for reaching the top end, but its cheap and you get accurate speed readings.

Yanzer49

Reaction score
Visit site
never tried my top in my country, singapore but on a highway from malaysia to singapore.. this is what i got...

at fifth gear i twisted the trottle up to the redline and it bounced..
5th gear near redline was about 235km/hr..
my personal best was 260++km/hr at 6th gear..
dats what i got.:rockon:

H

HavBlue

I dunno. This thread is starting to sound like fishing tales/stories, no?

Why would you say that? All the speeds seem to be relatively close for those who have made it to the claimed speeds printed of 156mph. In terms of true speed it's probably closer to 147-148mph. Either way there are some good stories of where and how it was achieved...

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
I have acces to some local private roads that are flat and straight as well as a private airstrip that I may go play on:D For my twisties fettish I have some great roads up in the hills with no outlets for miles:D

And for the record 156 indicated/ 147 steady gps:thumbup:

xerox130

Reaction score
Visit site
you guys must be on crack to think these fz6 do 160 mph I have had mine dor 3 years and the best it ever seen was 146mph that was gps and wish ometer was showing 163 mph

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
you guys must be on crack to think these fz6 do 160 mph I have had mine dor 3 years and the best it ever seen was 146mph that was gps and wish ometer was showing 163 mph

was that you last year,,doing 146 while going to milan dragway for streetwarriorz event :D i'll be attending this year,,lets see what FZ does

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed Charlie,
Why post something if its bull5hit, there is no self respect in that respect in that.
I had a Speedo reading of 156mph. I have not done it since nor will I do it again on a public highway. It added nothing to my overall riding experience, I just wanted to see what the bike could do and also see where my bottle limit was.
When I found out latter that the Speedo was very inaccurate it also tarnished the appeal slightly.

Nel

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
never tried my top in my country, singapore but on a highway from malaysia to singapore.. this is what i got...

at fifth gear i twisted the trottle up to the redline and it bounced..
5th gear near redline was about 235km/hr..
my personal best was 260++km/hr at 6th gear..
dats what i got.:rockon:
Thats 161.56 MPH, motoring or what. Unfortunately the speedo is way off at higher speeds.
My friends R6 tops out 165mph speedo reading. He pulls away from me with relative easy at my indicated reading of 130mph.

H

HavBlue

Thats 161.56 MPH, motoring or what. Unfortunately the speedo is way off at higher speeds.
My friends R6 tops out 165mph speedo reading. He pulls away from me with relative easy at my indicated reading of 130mph.

This is what happens when he is running 15/48 and you are running 16/46.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nelly up until 130 is it pretty even with you friends r6?
If I am honest with you up to about 60 MPH its pretty close. I am more aggresive than him in the starts. After 60mph I am using all the revs.
I guess the best way of looking at it is if we switched bikes. For your info as well. When he did his 165mph run he was on reserve. Prior to that he got 162mph.

I am also talking about a straight run here. Whent the road gets a bit twisty he is out of the corners much quicker than me. He also freely admits he is a straight line merchant.

Last edited:
H

HavBlue

If I am honest with you up to about 60 MPH its pretty close. I am more aggresive than him in the starts. After 60mph I am using all the revs.
I guess the best way of looking at it is if we switched bikes. For your info as well. When he did his 165mph run he was on reserve. Prior to that he got 162mph.

I am also talking about a straight run here. When the road gets a bit twisty he is out of the corners much quicker than me. He also freely admits he is a straight line merchant.

I'm figuring you know what you are doing and the other rider don't. The stock FZ6 runs a final of 2.87:1 and the R6 runs a 3.2:1. The R6 is significantly lighter and has roughly 15 more horsepower right from the crate. Now, providing the ride weight doesn't pair up this advantage that R6 should be pulling you hard to the century mark and afterwards things will be more even as you are running the better gearing for an all out run. I know that a 15/46 (3.06:1) makes a huge difference on the low end but again, the rider must know what they are doing or it's useless.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm figuring you know what you are doing and the other rider don't. The stock FZ6 runs a final of 2.87:1 and the R6 runs a 3.2:1. The R6 is significantly lighter and has roughly 15 more horsepower right from the crate. Now, providing the ride weight doesn't pair up this advantage that R6 should be pulling you hard to the century mark and afterwards things will be more even as you are running the better gearing for an all out run. I know that a 15/46 (3.06:1) makes a huge difference on the low end but again, the rider must know what they are doing or it's useless.
There is very minimal difference in our weights. As I said we should try switching.

The biggest difference is definatley in the twisties. I am (IMO LOL) a better rider than him. I have to work harder to catch up.

H

HavBlue

There is very minimal difference in our weights. As I said we should try switching.

Yeah, I'm thinking you have the advantage in skills here Neil and that could change everything.....