Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
P5280125.JPG

P5280126.JPG

P5280127.JPG

P5280128.JPG

Since the seat has a nice silver piping on it, I will now probably remove the gold pin striping on the two little side farings. I was tempted to get the seat with gold piping and stiching, but again I think that would have been better suited to the black frame FZ6s.

I also think I can easily get my OEM Seat Cowl to fit on this TS seat. I just need to fabricate longer 'hooks' for it as the TS seat is higher/thicker. I will grab some alumninum stock and fab some up over the next few days.

Last edited:

Gobs

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad for you, Boneman: nice seat!
:thumbup:
And thanks for the pics!
I do like the black/silver contrast. IMHO it gives some "peps" to the seat and also a smart touch to the bike...

"Since the seat has a nice silver piping on it, I will now probably remove the gold pin striping on the two little side farings" IMHO, I agree: silver and gold are not well suited alltogether...

I notice a little gap on the rear end... Did you fit all the rubbers underneath the pan? Is your seat fully locked on the bike?
Just a tip: if yes, I guess the gap may be reduced if you make the L shaped iron hook under the seat a bit shorter: take it off, pinch it in a vice to unfold it at first and then ply it back but "lower" and relocate or "widen" the drilling if needed... The black TS pan is softer than the stock one, doing so it may allow the rear seat to settle closer to the rear light fairing... ;)

Cheers,
Gobs

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What's up with the gap between the tail and the seat? Can you adjust the seats position a little? The seat looks fantastic though.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Glad for you, Boneman: nice seat!
And thanks for the pics!
I do like the black/silver contrast. IMHO it gives some "peps" to the seat and also a smart touch to the bike...

"Since the seat has a nice silver piping on it, I will now probably remove the gold pin striping on the two little side farings" IMHO, I agree: silver and gold are not well suited alltogether...

I notice a little gap on the rear end... Did you fit all the rubbers underneath the pan? Is your seat fully locked on the bike?
Just a tip: if yes, I guess the gap may be reduced if you make the L shaped iron hook under the seat a bit shorter: take it off, pinch it in a vice to unfold it at first and then ply it back but "lower" and relocate or "widen" the drilling if needed... The black TS pan is softer than the stock one, doing so it may allow the rear seat to settle closer to the rear light fairing... ;)

Cheers,
Gobs

Thanks for the tips Gobs! I'll give it a try to get it to settle down a bit more in the back. Yeah, their pan is much more flexible than the OEM seat pan. I'll play around with it a bit as I just basically thre it on there.

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the tips Gobs! I'll give it a try to get it to settle down a bit more in the back. Yeah, their pan is much more flexible than the OEM seat pan. I'll play around with it a bit as I just basically thre it on there.

Yes their pan is much more flexible, and also breaks very easily, so be careful with it.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What's up with the gap between the tail and the seat? Can you adjust the seats position a little? The seat looks fantastic though.

I have noticed that on all three of the TS seats that I got when trying to get a good one (both tank side and rear side). They seem to have a wider tolerance "fitting" range. It is is a shame because the seats DO look so nice and are so comfortable. The Corbin fit seems more exact, but not quite as comfortable. There is a trade-off with both. I don't really understand why it would be so difficult to get comfort, fit and quality together for such a simple product. It doesn't even have electronics or major mechanical parts in it. :rolleyes:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Couple more rear comparisons of this subject matter. The TS seat scheme does look great on your bike, Boneman.

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The one I used to have fit very well too. Dr. Moby would have to post pics now though. :D

Nice selection of color and materials Boneman! Looks GREAT! Now you know what I meant, way back when, when I said it was like riding on your sofa.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Nice selection of color and materials Boneman! Looks GREAT! Now you know what I meant, way back when, when I said it was like riding on your sofa.

Thanks! I too am pleased with the results. Very difficult to pick fabric from a 1" thumbnail on thier site. They really need to improve that aspect of thier site.

Yes, my a$$ thanks you!! Have couch will travel!

I got it to fit a little better, but it still up a little in the back. Becasue the fabric is so tight and the pan is so flexible, it pulls itself 'up' at the back. Not a big deal.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I have noticed that on all three of the TS seats that I got when trying to get a good one (both tank side and rear side). They seem to have a wider tolerance "fitting" range. It is is a shame because the seats DO look so nice and are so comfortable. The Corbin fit seems more exact, but not quite as comfortable. There is a trade-off with both. I don't really understand why it would be so difficult to get comfort, fit and quality together for such a simple product. It doesn't even have electronics or major mechanical parts in it. :rolleyes:

Yeah Mine has a bit of a gap too around the tank, but comforms better once you sit on it (forces it into place). Again, I think this is due in large to them using that very flexible seat pan. With the fabric pulled so tight on it, it actually distorts the shape of the pan.

CarpeNoctumDC

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wondering: Has anybody done long distance rides with either the Corbin or TS? And by long distance I mean really long distance.. I am contemplating doing a 4900 mile 14 day ride in a month or two…

Coming back to STL I did 1900 miles in just over two days with the stock seat. I am not looking for a reminder of that feeling (or lack there of)… Been reading over the forums for a couple hours and trying to decide on which option to go with…

Thanks!
-=- George

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just wondering: Has anybody done long distance rides with either the Corbin or TS? And by long distance I mean really long distance.. I am contemplating doing a 4900 mile 14 day ride in a month or two…

Coming back to STL I did 1900 miles in just over two days with the stock seat. I am not looking for a reminder of that feeling (or lack there of)… Been reading over the forums for a couple hours and trying to decide on which option to go with…

Thanks!
-=- George

That would be a great way to "break in" the Corbin, but right out of the box TS would do the trick hands down.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah Mine has a bit of a gap too around the tank, but comforms better once you sit on it (forces it into place). Again, I think this is due in large to them using that very flexible seat pan. With the fabric pulled so tight on it, it actually distorts the shape of the pan.

Well, I never kept mine for a long period of time. You may be right. Over time it may flatten out and fit better.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com

Thanks!
-=- George

Where you riding, George? I am trying to plan my summer ride and due to being unrestriced on departure dates, have not nailed anything down.

Most likely headed west though.

CarpeNoctumDC

Reaction score
Visit site
This is the latest revision.. LOL I keep changing it around... The core route is the same.. but I keep adding and removing side trips / detours...

Hopefully the trip will be:

1. St Louis, MO (starting)
2. Rapid City, SD 1-2 Days
Mount Rushmore
Crazy Horse
3. *Denver, CO 2 Days
Arches National Park
4. Flagstaff, AZ 1-2 Days
Grand Canyon
5. *Las Vegas, NV 1-2 Days
6. *Los Angeles, CA 2-3 Days
7. *Palm Springs, CA 2-3 Days
8. *Dallas, TX 1 Day
9. *Oklahoma City, OK 2 Days
10. St. Louis, MO

* Are the cities along the route where I have friends and can stay with for free… LOL half of them owe me money anyways…

The days are the number of days I am debating on staying in each city/area….

All just depends.. I actually want to get the ride in before I handle the cosmetic repairs I need to do on my bike…

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
This is the latest revision.. LOL I keep changing it around... The core route is the same.. but I keep adding and removing side trips / detours...

Hopefully the trip will be:

1. St Louis, MO (starting)
2. Rapid City, SD 1-2 Days
Mount Rushmore
Crazy Horse
3. *Denver, CO 2 Days
Arches National Park
4. Flagstaff, AZ 1-2 Days
Grand Canyon
5. *Las Vegas, NV 1-2 Days
6. *Los Angeles, CA 2-3 Days
7. *Palm Springs, CA 2-3 Days
8. *Dallas, TX 1 Day
9. *Oklahoma City, OK 2 Days
10. St. Louis, MO

* Are the cities along the route where I have friends and can stay with for free… LOL half of them owe me money anyways…

The days are the number of days I am debating on staying in each city/area….

All just depends.. I actually want to get the ride in before I handle the cosmetic repairs I need to do on my bike…

you going alone? Need a riding buddy?

Gobs

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with you Boneman when you say: "With the fabric pulled so tight on it, it actually distorts the shape of the pan".

By chance I've been able to "test" the "two pan versions" of the TS regular comfort seat in the same designs (fabric, stitching...): the stock one (white plastic) and the TS one (black plastic). And I can say the TS seat based on the Yam stock pan (stronger) fits better the bike all around...
Furthermore, as TS keeps the original foam settled on the stock pan then adds some more foam on it, the seat offers a better ride comfort result, for me. It's like a two layers foam: you feel the softness of the foam added on top supported by the denser (?) stock foam under. A bit as a progressive spring in a fork, if I may say...
On the other hand, on the TS black pan, TS uses their own molded foam on the whole seat: softer without this "double" effect as discribed above...

No worries about this, for sure these are details...
And yes, TS seats are great bike seats! They are very comfortable and they give a very smart touch to the bike! I like better the look and the comfort of my bike with "her" new TS seat... No contest!

Cheers,
Gobs