Top Sellerie New Seat Error

kinderwood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey FZ6-Forum, been a while. Got mod fever recently and ordered a Top Sellerie seat as part of my treatment. The seat parameters are below:

Type 1 deluxe seat
YAMAHA FZ6 FAZER 600 [≥ 2003]
Model Year : 2007

Colors and materials
Front of seat : SEL005
Front strip : SEL108
Seats : SEL003
Strips : SEL005
Edging : SEL108

Stitching and embroiderery
3 cm stitching line : Blue
Lettering style : Lettres en plein
Thread color : Blue
Text : FZ6

Designs on seats
Designs : no

Shape, Gel®, seat heater
Shape : standard
Gel : both
Seat heaters : none

Got the seat and it was made with the wrong color unfortunately :(
I used the send my base option so I would get it with an OEM base, so I've been without the bike for several weeks now. Hope getting this fixed won't take too long. Sent them an email, I'll update as I know more.

kinderwood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pictures attached below. The swatch is what I had ordered, the SEL 108. It's a smooth glossy finish, blends in nice with the bodywork. The one they used is SEL 87 I think. A darker textured leather with a slightly different hue.

Also, on the front edge the carbon fiber-esqe leather is ****-eyed. Maybe I'm nit picking, but at $375 plus international shipping I think some nit picking is entitled.

kinderwood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the email I sent:

Hello,
I received the seat I ordered from you today. The order number was USN51377541127. Unfortunately the front strip and edging is different from what I had ordered. I ordered the SEL 108, but the seat was made with what I think is SEL 87. I have attached a picture for reference. How can we fix this?

My order was for the I provide my base option so I would get the Yamaha OEM pan. If I replacement seat is made would it have a Yamaha pan as well?

Thanks for your help,
**REAL NAME REDACTED SO THE INTERNET DOESN'T FIND ME AND KILL ME**

kinderwood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heard back from them this morning (quick reply at least),

As mentioned in our e-mail sent on August 27th, the SEL108 is not produced anymore by our supplier. Moreover it was only recommended for the edgings, not for the seat itself or strips. That is why we had explained that we would use the closest colour reference, i.e. the SEL087 for your order.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards,

Top Sellerie

So if the fabric I requested is not being made anymore, I can live with that. The replacement they choose does match the bike pretty close (it's a touch darker than the 2007 FZ6 blue, but not much). However, I checked my gmail all mail items and spam folders and there was no email. That irks me.

Also, that strip is like half an inch wide, on a part of the seat where my butt isn't (it's on the raised front lip). I don't see how that could impact seat grip.

Anyway, the seat doesn't have any defects and is top notch quality. I have read the previous issues with Top Sellerie here and I just wanted to add my experience. I'll make a separate thread in the mod section with pictures and my thoughts. I did decide to stick with this one they sent me rather than pursue it further, so I rode it in to work this morning. It's pretty sweet comfort wise.

kinderwood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh believe me, it looks even better in person. It just wasn't the one I ordered. The SEL108 is a little closer to matching the bike, but this seat is sweet. I heard back from them again, and they re-forwarded the email they sent August 27th. So everything checks out, I guess gmail may have bounced it? I've had problems like that before.

So in summary, I'm pleased with the seat I got and the responses they gave me, I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again based on my personal experience. :thumbup:

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh believe me, it looks even better in person. It just wasn't the one I ordered. The SEL108 is a little closer to matching the bike, but this seat is sweet. I heard back from them again, and they re-forwarded the email they sent August 27th. So everything checks out, I guess gmail may have bounced it? I've had problems like that before.

So in summary, I'm pleased with the seat I got and the responses they gave me, I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again based on my personal experience. :thumbup:

I definitely get your gripe. It's more a principle thing than anything else.