Top Sellerie seat

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
It....has.....ARRIVED!!!!!!
I opted for material SEL047, it is closest to the stock seat material. I wanted something that wasn't like a slip-n-slide, but wasn't too sticky. I usually ride with pants with a grippy material on the butt section, so I didn't want my seat to be grippy as well. Overall I'd say the material choice was excellent. It's pretty much like stock, just a bit more grippy, which is nice.

I got the long option which moved the passenger section back by 3 cm.
I haven't noticed a difference in seat heat. I'm 5'8", so I'd notice! :D

I also got gel in the front seat. That's right, I'm gellin' like Magellan.:thumbup:
I can't really feel the gel on my butt. So I dunno....I hope it was worth it and it helps.

I like the padding in the front section near the thighs. I was worried about the slope in the back of the rider section. Some people have complained that the TS seat moves you forward. I think the shape is awesome. It's comfy, combined with the extra thigh padding. I think lonesoldier noticed this as well.

Overall the construction is really well done. It's like a piece of art...for my ass.

I need to go for a long ride to see if all the hype is real.

Type 1 deluxe seat
YAMAHA FZ6 FAZER 600 [≥ 2003]
Model Year : 2006
Colors and materials
Front of seat : SEL047
Front strip : SEL047
Seats : SEL047
Strips : SEL047
Edging : SEL087
Stitching and embroiderery
3 cm stitching line : Blue
Lettering style : Lettres en plein
Thread color : Silver
Text : FZ6
Designs on seats
Designs : no
Shape, Gel®, seat heater
Shape : long
Gel® : front seat
Seat heaters : none
Base options
Choice : I buy a base

Last edited:

Ghost416

Reaction score
Visit site
i was thinking of getting one myself, can i ask how much it cost you?? have you taken it on that long ride yet to test it out fully??

G

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
well i went for a 2 hour ride.
i took a 5 minute break about 30 minutes into it.
my butt started to hurt when i got back home.

is this good or bad?

i could move my butt around nicely.
the 90 degree butt rest was great.
i still love the thigh padding.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
oh no.. i said roughly 1000 miles, but you'll feel it "give" in a little over 500.. when i first got mine i had the same issues, but the more i rode, the better it felt.. remember, this seat will not stop the "sore rear" syndrom, but it will help.. i still get a little sore after about 5-7 hours (thats will taking breaks here and there).. but the inital 2-4 hours, i get no sorness at all.. hope that all makes sense

sum up: after you break it in, you'll think it was worth every penny as well :thumbup: